This Italian lemon based alcoholic drink is perfect for every summer party and its fresh flavor will immediately take you to a sunny beach!
I remember how a few years ago I mixed 1 bottle of vodka with lemon peels and wait for 30 days till the Limoncello was ready.
So the traditional process to make it is very long, but I like to speed it up using a pressure cooker to have a cold refreshing drink anytime some guests are coming.
Important: Heating Vodka at high pressure is not 100% safe, since the alcoholic vapor can ignite both inside and out the Instant Pot. So please note that your are making it on your own responsibility.
If you are into cocktails, you can also try this Pina Colada from Dominican Cooking.
Instant Pot Limoncello
- 4 organic lemons
- 2 ½ cups vodka
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cup suger
- 2 mason jars
- Peel your lemons taking just the yellow part. Try avoid the white part, which is bitter.
- Place the peels inside the jars.
- Pour Vodka into the jars (they shall be ¾ filled).
- Close the jars with their lids.
- Pour 1 cup water into your Instant Pot, then place the steamer rack inside.
- Place your jars on the streamer rack.
- Cook at high pressure for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat water in a saucepan and slowly add the sugar while stirring, in order to make a syrup.
- Once cooking time ends, let the steam release naturally for as long as it takes (don’t speed up this part of the process for safety reasons!).
- Let your jars cool at the room temperature.
- Open the jars and remove the lemon peels.
- Pour your sugar syrup into the jars.
- Keep the limoncello in the fridge or on the freezer. Serve cold of course 🙂