This Italian lemon based alcoholic drink is perfect for every summer party and its fresh flavor will immediately take you to a sunny beach! The traditional process to make it is very long, but you can speed it up using a pressure cooker to have a drink anytime you want with zero effort! But pay close attention: heating alcohol at high pressure is not 100% safe, since the alcoholic vapor can ignite both inside and out the Instant Pot, so that it may be dangerous!
- 4 organic lemons
- 2 ½ cups vodka
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cup suger
- 2 mason jars
- Peel your lemons taking just the yellow part, not the white one, which is bitter.
- Place 2 peels into each jar.
- Pour Vodka into the jars (they shall be ¾ filled).
- Close the jars with their lids.
- Pour 1 cup water into your Instant Pot, then place the steamer rack inside.
- Place your jars onto the streamer rack.
- Cook at high pressure for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat water in a saucepan and slowly add sugar while stirring, to obtain a syrup.
- Let the steam release naturally for as long as it takes (don’t speed up this part of the process for safety reasons).
- Let your jars cool at room temperature.
- Open the jars and remove lemon peels.
- Pour your sugar syrup into the jars.
- Keep your limoncello in the fridge and serve cool.
If you loved this recipe, give it love. Thanks!