This Italian lemon based alcoholic drink is perfect for every summer party and its fresh flavor will immediately take you to a sunny beach!
I remember how a few years ago I mixed 1 bottle of vodka with lemon peels and wait for 30 days till the Limoncello was ready.
So the traditional process to make it is very long, but I like to speed it up using a pressure cooker to have a cold refreshing drink anytime some guests are coming.
Important: Heating Vodka at high pressure is not 100% safe, since the alcoholic vapor can ignite both inside and out the Instant Pot. So please note that your are making it on your own responsibility.
- 4 organic lemons
- 2 ½ cups vodka
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cup suger
- 2 mason jars
- Peel your lemons taking just the yellow part. Try avoid the white part, which is bitter.
- Place the peels inside the jars.
- Pour Vodka into the jars (they shall be ¾ filled).
- Close the jars with their lids.
- Pour 1 cup water into your Instant Pot, then place the steamer rack inside.
- Place your jars on the streamer rack.
- Cook at high pressure for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat water in a saucepan and slowly add the sugar while stirring, in order to make a syrup.
- Once cooking time ends, let the steam release naturally for as long as it takes (don’t speed up this part of the process for safety reasons!).
- Let your jars cool at the room temperature.
- Open the jars and remove the lemon peels.
- Pour your sugar syrup into the jars.
- Keep the limoncello in the fridge or on the freezer. Serve cold of course 🙂
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks