Pomfret has always been great in taste, whether you grill it, bake it or fry it.
It is a great treat to your family members if you cook it on weekends.
This is the best recipe for fried fish and you can make it in the Instant Pot in only 10 minutes.
Can I use a different fish?
Yes. For this Instant Pot fried fish recipe you can also tilapia, mackerel or even salmon.
Instant Pot Seafood Recipes
Instant Pot Fried Pomfret
A delicious, quick and easy to make pomfret recipe that is loaded with Indian flavors. The fish is crispy on the outside but tender from inside. The touch of lemon juice adds a zing to the flavors.Print Pin Rate
- 1 pomfret
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup semolina
- In a blender, mix ginger, lemon juice, garlic, salt, red chili powder, turmeric and garam masala until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Marinate the fish with this mixture and set it aside for 20 minutes.
- Coat the fish in semolina on both sides.
- Select "saute" and add olive oil.
- Add pomfret and saute for 2 minutes in ech side.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, serve and enjoy 🙂
Calories: 147kcal Carbohydrates: 13g Protein: 2g Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 1g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 7g Sodium: 400mg Potassium: 91mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Vitamin A: 198IU Vitamin C: 2mg Calcium: 14mg Iron: 1mg
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @corriecooksblog or tag #corriecooks!
1 thought on “Instant Pot Fried Pomfret”
I received an Instant Pot for a gift & wanted to learn lots of cooking tips on using it.. Tonight it’s fried Gar Fish yet to see the out come.