The best way to make cornmeal porridge is by using the Instant Pot. You can get a perfect breakfast in only 6 minutes!
Are you tired of the traditional oatmeal for breakfast? Then, try this heathy and warming cornmeal porridge infused with spices.
Add your favorite toppings on top: Apple sauce, blueberries, yogurt, strawberries and anything you like.
Instant Pot Breakfast recipes
Instant Pot Cornmeal Porridge
- 4 cups water divided
- 1 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 pimento berries
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- In a bowl, add 1 cup of water and cornmeal and beat until well combined.
- In the pot of Instant Pot, add cornmeal mixture, remaining water and beat until well combined.
- Add vanilla extract, pimento berries, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Select “Porridge” and just use the default time of 6 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Remove the lid and stir in condensed milk.
- Serve immediately.