Are you tired of the traditional oatmeal for breakfast? Then, try this heathy and warming cornmeal porridge infused with spices.
Instant Pot Cornmeal PorridgePrint Pin Rate
- 4 cups water divided
- 1 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 pimento berries
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- In a bowl, add 1 cup of water and cornmeal and beat until well combined.
- In the pot of Instant Pot, add cornmeal mixture, remaining water and beat until well combined.
- Add vanilla extract, pimento berries, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Select “Porridge” and just use the default time of 6 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Remove the lid and stir in condensed milk.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 169kcal Carbohydrates: 25g Protein: 5g Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 87mg Potassium: 232mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 24g Vitamin A: 206IU Vitamin C: 1mg Calcium: 203mg Iron: 1mg
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.