Another one of the most important companies when it comes to Pressure Canning is Mirro.
Mirro Canners are also really famous and loved in the market.
But the capacities available for it are often a source of confusion. To help you avoid that, let us clearly mention that there are only two canner models: The 16 Quart one and the 22 Quart one.
Except this, there are also the 3, 8 and 12 Quart things which are actually Mirro Pressure Cookers. Mirro has always listed the capacities of all their products together. This has ended up confusing several people who have tried to buy, let's say, a 12 Quart Canner from Mirro. So, this is one of the first things that you want to get sorted out.
Table of Contents
A brief study of these two main canners
As we have just established, only of these models are actually worth studying for now. So, let us actually get to discussing these two main models in order to ensure that we can discuss something of quality. While Mirro might not be the Instant Pot of pressure canning, it's still no less than the Power Pressure Cooker XL either!
So, we are going to take a look at the main features of each of these two canners. Keep in mind, once again, that the smaller models aren't exactly canners but rather pressure cookers.That's why we are excluding them from the list and not discussing them in any more detail. So, these two main canners (and their main features) are as follows:
1. The Mirro 92116 16-Quart Pressure Canner
This model is the most prominent model. Incidentally, it's also the smallest sized Canner from the Mirro line of products. The models with even smaller capacities, as we discussed earlier, are actually pressure cookers. So, let us take a look at the main features that this model offers. The main features of this model might be summed up as follows:
- First of all, as the name makes it obvious, this model has a capacity of 16 Quarts. This is a fairly large capacity and as such it can help you a lot of food.
- Next comes the question of the material that goes into making it. The same also shows the quality of the overall product. Well, you don’t have to worry the least bit about that in this case because it is made of good quality aluminum!
- Next comes the functionality level of the model, of course, the model is super functional and you can can food really easily with the help of this model.
- Again, the brand name that Mirro brings actually makes it somewhat worth it too. Mirro is a really reputed name that's well known for quality. So, that's a great thing.
- This model can hold 16 Pint Jars (5 Quart Jars).
2.The Mirro 92122A 22-Quart Pressure Canner
This model is the larger of the two Mirro Pressure canners. However, this makes it a good choice at the same time because you can go for it if you need a higher capacity. This canner is also loved by people because of how durable it actually is. Anyway, the main features of this canner might be summed up as follows:
- As usual, this canner is also made of aluminum and is really durable.
- This model is also a really great model when it comes to functionality.
- It nowhere shows how many jars you can fit on this model. It's actually one of those things that you have to know directly from the place you're buying it from. Please keep in mind that this is an important thing and you should do your research before you go for it.
The Mirro Pressure Canners have both positive and negative aspects. Let us take a look at both of these in order to find out if the Mirro Pressure Canners are actually worth it at the end. So, the main Positive Feature are as follows:
- All of these models have a great quality.
- These models have a really affordable pricing. This makes many people go for it. And it also makes it a really loved model by those who are on a conservative budget.
- Thirdly, if you want to count it as a positive feature, it doesn't have a pressure gauge. Weights are used in case of this canner. (For a comparison, the All American Canner uses a Meter Gauge)
Again, there are some Negative features as well. Let us move onward to discussing them now:
- The most important thing is the same with most companies these days. The customer service simply doesn't care if you have an issue. They seem to think that it's all your problem once you've gotten the product. So you must keep that in mind. Should you happen to run into a problem, you might just have to buy a new one. And this is a really saddening thing. So, some people don't really buy this product because of this problematic after-sales service.
- And of course, if you don't count having weights as a good thing and wanted your Pressure Gauge just like the Presto Pressure canners, then that's a negative point for this model because it doesn't have a pressure gauge.
Of course, there are a lto of other companies selling these products out there. However, there are a very few companies that are as famous as this one. And as such, those are the main competitors to this product.
So, the main competing products (which are also the best alternatives for you) are as follows: