Here on Corrie Cooks, we often discuss about the relation between two products in one article only to write a detailed article on it later for your perusal. In fact, in our review of the Tayama Electric Pressure Cooker, we mentioned that the comparatively unknown Tayama Electric Pressure Cooker does not get the bestselling brand advantages like the Instant Pot.
In this article, we’re going to compare the very same bestselling Instant Pot with the (very same) Tayama Electric pressure cooker in detail. If you’re stuck between choosing the conventionally preferred and trying out on a lesser-known one, this is the article for you!
- The Instant Pot: Several series and several models in each series: A brief introduction to model-wise features
- What about the main features of the Tayama Electric Pressure Cooker?
- The main differences between the two
- So, which one could be chosen?
The Instant Pot: Several series and several models in each series: A brief introduction to model-wise features
The Instant Pot is the bestseller that dominates the electronic pressure cooker market at the present. There are several series of pressure cookers under the brand name of Instant Pot – and new models releasing all the time apparently. These series, in turn, have specific models in them. Let us look at the prime structure and model-wise features now:
[Note: There is a great way to understand it without reading everything. The IP in model names stands for Instant Pot. The next three letters such as LUX or DUO stand for functionalities. The next two numbers stand for volume in quarts. And finally the V-(digit) at the end stands for the version number. For example IP-DUO50 V1 means the first version of the Instant Pot DUO which has a volume of 5 quarts.]
1. The Instant Pot LUX series:
The Instant Pot LUX series has two models: The IP-LUX60 and the IP-LUX50.
The main specifications of the IP-LUX50 are:
- 12 in built programs.
- 5.28 Quart volume.
- Wattage of 900.
The main specifications of the IP-LUX60 are:
- 14 in built programs.
- 6.33 Quart volume.
- Wattage of 1000.
2. The Instant Pot DUO series:
There are three main models in the Instant Pot DUO series: IP-DUO50, DUO60, DUO80. All these three machines have a few things in common:
- The feature to make yogurt.
- Dual pressure settings.
The rest of their features are slightly different. The main specifications of them individually are:
The main specifications of the IP-DUO50 are:
- A volume of 5 quart.
- Wattage of 900.
The main specifications of the IP-DUO60 are:
- A volume of 6 quarts.
- Wattage of 1000.
The main specifications of the IP-DUO80 are:
- A volume of 8 quarts.
- A wattage of 1200.
3. The Instant Pot Smart:
This is a single model series. The Instant Pot Smart is the latest Instant Pot product. Although really expensive, this electrical pressure cooker is one of the most advanced out there. In fact, the official website describes it as:
This is Instant Pot’s latest model. This cooker is a million-in-1 multi cooker, it can do everything the LUX and DUO can plus, a more informative screen with larger numbers, and a programmable app that connects to the cooker via Bluetooth. The Smart app lets you dictate specific temperatures and duration of your recipes in unlimited sequences.
- It is a million-in-1 multi cooker. An unique product in the realm of pressure cookers till date.
- Can do everything that Instant Pot pressure cookers have to offer.
- It operates on a smart app and has an unique display that makes it really easy to use.
4. The Instant Pot DUO PLUS:
This is another single model series. The DUO plus has the same specifications as the DUO. In this model, only one new feature has been added. That feature is:
- A new “sterilize” function in addition to “egg” and “cake” programs.
What about the main features of the Tayama Electric Pressure Cooker?
Yes, we’re coming to that as well. The Tayama, as mentioned earlier, is comparatively much lesser known than the Instant Pot but that also gives it an advantage from the economic standpoint. The Tayama has two electric pressure cookers available.
1. The Tayama TMC-60XL.
2. The Tayama B8.
Let us take a look at the common prime features of the Tayama, which are as follows:
- The Tayama has a beautiful unique look.
- The Tayama Electric Pressure cooker can also be used as a slow cooker.
- The Tayama also boasts of a stylish digital display panel which is arranged in such a way that the chef can easily see what is going on.
- It also has an automatic keep warm mode that keeps your food warm until you take it out.
- A really special feature that one must come across when looking at this pressure cooker is that it also provides you with the “Flavor Infusion Technology”, a feature that the Power Pressure Cooker XL is famous for.
- This pressure cooker is one of the most economic electric pressure cookers that I have seen so far. This is a very important thing for people like me who want to get the most out of their investment.
Though these two pressure cookers are mostly the same, the main differences between the two Tayama models are as follows:
- The Tayama TMC-60XL has a volume of 6 quarts while the Tayama B8 has one of 5 quarts.
- The Tayama B8 has a wattage of 900 while the TMC-60XL has a wattage of 1000.
The main differences between the two
The main differences between the Instant Pot Series and the Tayama Electric Pressure Cooker are as follows:
- The Instant Pot is a line of products which boasts of 4 series which several models in more than one of them while the Tayama has only two models available.
- The Instant Pot is the bestselling brand of electric pressure cookers out there, competing with other famous brands such as the Breville and the latest latest Fagor models.
- The Tamaya Electric Pressure Cooker models are almost on the same level as the instant pot in terms of functionality, given their unknown name and affordable price, this is not bad by any means.
- Another hugely important factor in terms of special features is that the Tayama electric pressure cookers cannot make yogurt, the specialty of the Instant Pot.
- The Instant Pot provides you with a more user-friendly interface than the Tayama electric pressure cooker.
- The Tayama Electric Pressure Cooker is one of the most economic pressure cookers available in the market and as such are substantially cheaper than the Instant Pot.
So, which one could be chosen?
Well, frankly speaking, Instant Pot is the bestseller. If you’re looking for a conventionally tested and certified product and are willing to pay a bit extra for it for the same functionalities (only the yogurt maker is extra), you might go ahead and buy the Instant Pot.
However, if you’re willing to take a small risk and try out something new (which is justified given its economic pricing), you might finally end up gaining a lot in almost every aspect with the Tayama Electric Pressure Cooker.