This Instant Pot Coffee Cake is a delicious and scrumptious cake with streusel layers is the perfect dessert. I love it because it is so easy to make and requires no oven. Perfect for the hot summer when you are craving something sweet but you do not want the extra heat coming from the oven.
The coffee cake has no coffee but is served with the coffee. Of course, this does not mean you cannot add coffee, and the best way is to add it to the streusel part. A teaspoon of instant coffee granules will elevate the cake and make it more interesting.
What is coffee cake?
Although the name indicates differently, this cake has no coffee. This comforting cake is all you need to serve with your coffee or even tea. It is the ultimate cake, that is soft, moist, and pairs perfectly with the morning cup of coffee with a splash of milk.
Can I simplify the recipe?
Although this is a very simple recipe, yes, you can go even easier. I made the cake with simple ingredients, flour, eggs, butter, and milk, plus some streusel. If you wanna go easier you can use store-bought baking mixes. They are true time savers and just in case if you are worried about the cake softness, these will save the day.
Is Streusel mandatory?
Yes, it is otherwise you would end up with a simple sponge cake and nothing interesting would not be regarding the cake. The streusel adds subtle cinnamon flavor and really enriches the cake.
How to make the Coffee Cake
Gather your ingredients:
First, make the streusel, combine ⅓ cup of flour, cinnamon, 2 tablespoon butter, and ⅓ cup brown sugar. Work the butter with your fingers until you have a crumbly mixture.
Make the cake by combining the remaining flour, sugar, baking powder, melted butter, and milk. Stir until you have a smooth batter.
Place some of the streusel in an 8-inch springform pan. Pour over half the batter. Cover the batter with the remaining streusel and close with the batter. you can reserve some of the streusel and add on top if you want to.
Insert the rivet in Instant Pot. Pour in 1 cup water and place the cake on top. Cover it with aluminum foil.
Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is done, perform a natural pressure release.
Cool the cake before slicing and serving.
More Instant Pot cakes
Instant Pot Coffee Cake
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup milk
- Make the streusel; combine ⅓ cup flour, ⅓ cup brown sugar and cinnamon. Add butter and work it with your fingers until coarse crumbs are form.
- Make the cake; combine remaining flour with baking powder, sugar, baking powder, melted butter, and milk. Stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Sprinkle some of the streuselover 8-inch spring form pan. Pour over some of the batter.
- Cover the batter with remaining streusel and pour over the final layer of batter.
- Insert trivet in Instant pot and pour in 1 cup water.
- Place the cake on the trivt and cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook on High pressure for 20 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is done, perform a natural pressure release.
- Cool the cake before slicing and serving.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂