A mug of rich, creamy and tasty hot chocolate…
what else could be better on a cold wintery night at home?!
This easy to make Instant Pot Hot Chocolate recipe is packed with intense chocolaty flavor. The kids are loving it so much!! It's very easy to make and considerably healthier than the sugary cocoa powder mixes you buy at the grocery store.
I think the best part about this Instant Pot hot chocolate though, is that the keep warm setting allows you to easily make a big batch and hold it warm for hours so you can keep going back for more. Perfect for holiday get togethers!
Table of Contents
What Kind of Milk Should I Use?
I prefer to use 2 percent or whole milk for this recipe for the creamiest results. However, you can also use a low-fat milk for a healthier option, or a dairy-free milk such as almond milk or oat milk.
Can I Make Flavored Hot Chocolate?
Absolutely! This Instant Pot Hot Chocolate is easy to adapt to your liking. Replace all or part of the vanilla extract with another flavor extract such as peppermint.
I like to make this recipe using a bit of coconut extract and a bit of almond extract for an Almond Joy flavor. It’s absolutely delicious! Try different flavors and have fun with it!
What are the best toppings for hot chocolate?
Feel free to decorate with marshmallows, whipped cream, cinnamon, or any topping you like.
You can also add Oreo or Biscoff Cookies on side 🙂
Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cookies
Instant Pot Beverage Recipes
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Latte
Instant Pot Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- mini marshmallows optional, for serving
- Select "saute". Add all the ingredients and stir till the mixture is chocolate-brown.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural release.
- Open the lid and pour into mugs. Top with mini marshmallows or any other topping you like.