Great Indian main-dish that would definitely spice up your day! This pressure cooker Beef Vindaloo is healthy and goes great with simple Jasmine rice.
If you don’t like spicy – take out the Green chili pepper.
Can I add potatoes?
If you like the recipe, you can also make this Instant Pot Goulash which has a slightly different sauce.
- 250 g beef shin cut into 3 cm chunks
- 1 onion cut into wedges
- 1 green chili sliced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp mango powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 ginger minced
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup tamarind pulp
- 1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 6 cardamom pods bashed
- In a blender, add chopped onion, garlic, ginger, honey, tamarind pulp, lemon juice, vinegar, ground spices, mango powder, salt and black pepper and pulse until smooth.
- Add beef. paste and cardamom pods in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate to marinate for about 24 hours.
- Now, heat ghee in the inner pot of Instant pot and add onion wedges.
- Sauté for about 10 minutes and add beef with marinade.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and add remaining ingredients in the Instant pot.
- Close the lid and press the “Manual” button.
- Cook for about 35 minutes on HIGH pressure and release the pressure naturally through the steam vent.
- Open the lid and remove the solids from the sauce and press the “Sauté” button.
- After 10 minutes, dish out and serve hot.