Great Indian main-dish that would definitely spice up your day! This pressure cooker Beef Vindaloo is healthy and goes great with simple Jasmine rice.
If you don’t like spicy – take out the Green chili pepper.
Can I add potatoes?
Can I add chicken instead of beef?
Of course! But then you will get Instant Pot Chicken Vindaloo.
If you like the recipe, you can also make this Instant Pot Goulash which has a slightly different sauce.
- 250 g beef shin cut into 3 cm chunks
- 1 onion cut into wedges
- 1 green chili sliced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp mango powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 ginger minced
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup tamarind pulp
- 1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 6 cardamom pods bashed
- In a blender, add chopped onion, garlic, ginger, honey, tamarind pulp, lemon juice, vinegar, ground spices, mango powder, salt and black pepper and pulse until smooth.
- Add beef. paste and cardamom pods in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate to marinate for about 24 hours.
- Now, heat ghee in the inner pot of Instant pot and add onion wedges.
- Sauté for about 10 minutes and add beef with marinade.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and add remaining ingredients in the Instant pot.
- Close the lid and press the “Manual” button.
- Cook for about 35 minutes on HIGH pressure and release the pressure naturally through the steam vent.
- Open the lid and remove the solids from the sauce and press the “Sauté” button.
- After 10 minutes, dish out and serve hot.