Great Indian main-dish that would definitely spice up your day! This pressure cooker Beef Vindaloo is healthy and goes great with simple Jasmine rice.
If you don't like spicy - take out the Green chili pepper.
Can I add potatoes?
Can I add chicken instead of beef?
Of course! But then you will get Instant Pot Chicken Vindaloo.
If you like the recipe, you can also make this Instant Pot Goulash which has a slightly different sauce.
Instant Pot Beef Vindaloo
Chunks of beef coated in authentic Indian spices is sure to satisfy your hunger. The combination of honey and tamarind adds a punch of sweet and sour flavors to the dish, impressing the whole family.Print Pin Rate
- 250 g beef shin cut into 3 cm chunks
- 1 onion cut into wedges
- 1 green chili sliced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon mango powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ ginger minced
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup tamarind pulp
- 1 ½ tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 cardamom pods bashed
- In a blender, add chopped onion, garlic, ginger, honey, tamarind pulp, lemon juice, vinegar, ground spices, mango powder, salt and black pepper and pulse until smooth.
- Add beef. paste and cardamom pods in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate to marinate for about 24 hours.
- Now, heat ghee in the inner pot of Instant pot and add onion wedges.
- Sauté for about 10 minutes and add beef with marinade.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and add remaining ingredients in the Instant pot.
- Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural relase for 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Open the lid and remove the solids from the sauce and press the “Sauté” button.
- After 10 minutes, dish out and serve 🙂
Calories: 393kcal Carbohydrates: 62g Protein: 6g Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 10g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 38mg Sodium: 1353mg Potassium: 967mg Fiber: 12g Sugar: 33g Vitamin A: 1043IU Vitamin C: 45mg Calcium: 163mg Iron: 4mg
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @corriecooksblog or tag #corriecooks!
2 thoughts on “Instant Pot Beef Vindaloo”
Which ingredients are for the marinade?
Which are the rest of the ingredients? Not very clear and I would like to try this
Sorry it was a typing mistake. Now, I have mentioned in the recipe