In today's article, we are going to see how the almost unknown GeekChef Electric Pressure Cooker looks in comparison to the DUO series of the bestselling Instant Pot.
You all must already be aware about Instant Pot. However, you might want to know a little about GeekChef first. GeekChef is one of the models that do deserve it but are still not well known because of their luck. These Electric Pressure cookers have really high quality and provide you with great efficiency, functionality as well as value for money.
This makes you really wonder why they are not famous, and we all are wondering about that. However that be, let us take a look at how these two compare now. But first of all, we must know what how each of them are before we can move on to compare them.
Table of Contents
The main features
The GeekChef electric pressure cookers are not very well known. However, as I keep saying, they do deserve to be so. They provide you with a lot of functionality. Let us take a closer look at what it exactly offers you so that it can be clear as to what the Instant Pot DUO has to compete against:
- This Electric Pressure Cooker offers you a volume of 6 quarts.
- The GeekChef Electric pressure cooker is a really functional electric pressure cooker that provides you with 11 functions to choose from.
- The GeekChef Electric pressure cook also boasts of an Yogurt Maker.
- This Pressure Cooker also has the slow cooker made, this makes this electric pressure cooker a lot more versatile than otherwise.
- There are 12 in built programs in it as well, that set all the things for at the touch of a fingertip, making it a really great option if are looking for ease.
- Again, there is the durable 3-ply bottom 304 stainless steel inner pot and FDA approved detachable aluminum filter cover.
- The electricity consumption of the GeekChef Electric Pressure Cooker is about 1000 watts.
The main features of the Instant Pot DUO
The Instant Pot DUO is a well known series of the bestselling Instant Pot, making it a really commonplace choice for several people.
There are quite a few models in the Instant Pot DUO series, which are:
The IP-DUO50 - 5 Quart Pot - 900 Watts
The IP-DUO60 - 6 Quart Pot - 1000 Watts
The IP-DUO80 - 8 Quart Pot - 1200 Watts
However, since you are here, you must be one of the people who are willing to take a look at the more detailed and specific aspects that make a pressure cooker better.
So, here we go. The main features of the Instant Pot DUO might be summed up in the following words:
- The Instant Pot DUO boasts of a delay cook timer that you can set up at a time up to 24 hours later than the time you're setting it, making it really easy for you to plan ahead.
- The Instant Pot is famous for making yogurt and the Instant Pot DUO is able to easily make yogurt, making it a great option if you're planning to go for Yogurt.
- The digital screen from where you select and choose the options has a special cover which stops the water from getting on it, keeping not only you but also your device and your investment safe.
- There are two pressure settings from which you can choose from to perfectly make your desired dish while saving on power and cooking safely and efficiently at the same time.
What are the main similarities between the two?
There is, frankly only one economic similarity that I see between these two. And while this is a really important thing, the other dissimilarities really make it sort of pointless.
The only economic similarity between these two is that both of them belong in the middle price range. They are neither as cheap as the Bella Electric Pressure Cooker nor as expensive as the Breville Fast Slow Pro.
The only functional similarity between these two, similarly, is the presence of the Yogurt Maker.
What are the differences between these two?
There are quite a few differences between these two that are worth noting down. Most of these differences are pretty big and any of them might help you choose between them based on your needs. So you must be really careful when going through the differences.
So, the main differences between the Instant Pot DUO and the GeekChef Electric Pressure Cooker are as follows:
- The GeekChef Electric pressure cooker lets you make Yogurt just like the Instant Pot DUO but the Instant Pot DUO isn't able to provide you with the slow cooker function.
- Secondly, the GeekChef Electric Pressure cooker is one model. The Instant Pot DUO is a series with three models with varying sizes.
- Thirdly, while both of them belong in the same price range, the Instant Pot DUO is ever-so-slightly more expensive.
- And finally, in terms of planning ahead, the 24 hour timer that the Instant Pot DUO provides you with makes it more suitable.
Verdict: Which one should I go for then?
This might seem like the most obvious question here. And frankly, if you just compare the points, the answer really becomes prominent.
If you wish to stick to a famous brand despite getting slightly less facilities but a guarantee of trust and brand-name assurance, you must go with the Instant Pot Duo or Duo Nova.
Otherwise, you might want to go for the more functional, efficient and economically viable model of GeekChef Electric Pressure cooker.
2 thoughts on “GeekChef VS Instant Pot Duo”
I seen that the geek chef has a 12qt pressure cooker. I even took a screen shot of the pic from their display of various sizes. Been looking for the 12L and cant find it anywhere. Got in contact with geek chef and asked for guidance as to where I could find the 12qt on their own website. I was told to go to hsn. Contacted hsn and was told they only have the 6 and 8qt. So back to Geek chef I go to drop the pic and the communication on live chat with hsn NO REPLY . This is upsetting because reaching out to geek chef company epic failure, hsn the same and since google is my friend I searched there too and no such geek chef 12qt pressure cooker could be found anywhere. I really want it. Please help.
I just bought the GeekChef 6qt pressure cooker. I was wondering if the cookbooks for other brands can be adapted for this cooker?
Thanks so much,