Beef kebabs are a tasty and easy-to-make dish that everyone loves. Imagine juicy, flavorful pieces of beef on a stick, cooked to perfection. They're perfect for any occasion, whether it's a family BBQ, a dinner with friends, or just because you're craving something delicious. The best part? You don't need to be a pro in the kitchen to make them.
With some simple ingredients like beef, veggies, and a few spices, you'll be on your way to making mouthwatering beef kebabs. So, let's dive into this recipe that'll make you the star of any gathering.
Why This Recipe Works
First, this recipe is super easy. You don't need a lot of fancy tools or ingredients. Just some good quality beef, a couple of your favorite vegetables, and some basic spices are enough. You can even customize it to suit your taste. Like it spicy? Add more chili. Want it more zesty? Squeeze in some more lemon. It's all up to you. Plus, it's quick; you can have these kebabs ready in less than an hour.
Second, beef kebabs are versatile. You can serve them in many different ways. They're great on their own, but you can also put them in a pita with some sauce, serve them over rice, or even make a kebab salad. They're also perfect for meal prep; make a bunch, and you've got meals for a few days. This recipe is not just delicious, it's also practical and adaptable to fit into any meal plan.
Beef chunks - preferably sirloin or tenderloin for tenderness. Substitute: Chicken or pork chunks.
Bell Peppers - any color, cut into square pieces. Substitute: Zucchini or tomatoes.
Onion - Substitute: Shallots or pearl onions.
Olive Oil - to coat the ingredients. Substitute: Vegetable oil or melted butter.
Spices - Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and optionally paprika or cayenne pepper for flavor. Substitute: Use a pre-made kebab seasoning mix.
- Cut beef and vegetables into similar-sized pieces for even cooking.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Marinate the beef for at least 1 hour, or overnight if you can, for better flavor.
- Preheat the grill or oven before cooking for a quicker and more even cook.
- Don’t pack the pieces too tightly on the skewers to allow heat to circulate around each piece.
How to Serve
Kebabs are a versatile dish that can fit into various meal settings. They can serve as a main course or an appetizer, depending on the occasion. You can simply serve them with a side of rice or place them over a bed of salad greens for a lighter option.
- Serve with a side of tzatziki sauce for a Mediterranean touch.
- Place them in pita pockets with lettuce and tomatoes for a kebab sandwich.
- Accompany with a side of couscous and grilled vegetables for a well-rounded meal.
- 1 pound beef chunks sirloin or tenderloin
- 2-3 bell peppers cut into squares
- 1 large onion cut into squares
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt pepper, garlic powder, paprika (optional)
- Cut the beef, bell peppers, and onion into similar-sized square pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix olive oil and spices.
- Add the beef, bell peppers, and onions to the bowl and mix until well-coated.
- Thread the beef, bell peppers, and onions onto skewers, alternating between them.
- Preheat the grill or oven to medium-high heat.
- Place the skewers on the grill or in the oven.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until the beef is cooked to your liking.
- Serve hot with your choice of sides and enjoy!
2. In a large bowl, mix olive oil and spices.
3. Add the beef, bell peppers, and onions to the bowl and mix until well-coated.
4. Thread the beef, bell peppers, and onions onto skewers, alternating between them.
5. Preheat the grill or oven to medium-high heat.
6. Place the skewers on the grill or in the oven.
7. Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until the beef is cooked to your liking.
8. Serve hot with your choice of sides and enjoy!