I know I’m not alone in saying the IP-Duo 60 and the IP-Lux 60 look almost the same….
With the exception of price of course.
The LUX is a 6-in-1 electric pressure cooker and the DUO is a 7-in-1 but there are actually a number of other differences on top of the one extra cooking method.
In this article I want to help you understand what the obvious differences and the less noticeable differences are. In many cases paying a little more for the DUO will be worth it but for lots of people the LUX will do just fine.
Come with me.
These are the Main Differences Between These two Instant Pot Pressure Cookers
- The DUO has a high and low setting and the LUX only has High
- The DUO can make yogurt and the LUX cannot
- You can manually set the keep warm function on the DUO to 99 hours and 50 minutes but only 10 hours for the LUX
- The DUO has a way of holding the lid open so that condensation and food splatter from the lid doesn’t get on your counter
Those are the main differences but there are more smaller differences too.
A good rule of thumb is if you don’t see yourself making yogurt then the LUX 60 v3 (third generation) is going to be just fine for your needs at home. It’s got the same power (1000w) as the DUO 60 and it’s the same size.
If you are considering buying the cheaper of the two models then you might be wondering if the Instant Pot is worth it at all. There are after all other less expensive electric pressure cookers that are very good too — some are among the best pressure cookers for sale today.
A Comparison of Features of the Instant Pot IP-Duo 60 and the Instant Pot IP-Lux 60.
Let’s discuss each of the aforementioned models with the help of a few credible external sources:
What Makes the Instant Pot IP-Duo 60 Better Than the IP-LUX 60
The DUO 60 is the third generations of electric pressure cooker, embedded with advanced features which distinguish itself with other topical brands of pressure cooker. With a slight increased price, it put forward user friendly features to its customers. You can find numerous reviews of this product online, however, none of them entails its detailed pros and cons. Therefore, the pros and cons of Instant Pot IP-Duo 60 are given below:
- The price of the Pot IP-Duo 60 can set them back a little bit more than the LUX models; but it possesses certain added features that set itself apart from Pot IP-Lux 60.
- The Control Panel is totally user friendly that facilitate the customer to control the whole system without much put or hindrance.
- On a slightly upside note, The Instant Pot IP-Duo60 turned out to be the best pressure cooker in the market as of 2015, owing to its intuitive sense embedded along its control panel.
- Moreover, it boasts certain extra safety cooking measures which is not present in Pot IP-Lux 60
- The Instant Pot IP-Duo60 most recent cooker has regenerated in all ways against its predecessor.
- The upgraded features cost a little bit more.
- In the view of customers, it came across as an expensive product in contrast with its contemporaries.
Why is the Instant Pot IP-Lux 60 Cheaper Than the IP-DUO 60
When it comes to Instant Pot IP-Lux 60, it is deemed to have following pros and cons:
- Instant Pot IP-Lux 60 can save a customer a few bucks; which is why many customers fancy buying this model and let go of certain added features of IP-Duo 60.
- The offering is designed to target the price conscious consumers; therefore, the product tends to overlook the fancy features of a contrasting brand like Pot IP-DUO60.
- Also, many of the customers are of the views that Instant Pot IP-Lux 60 are embedded with all cutting edge features they require for a complete pressure cooker experience.
- As it is discussed earlier, Instant Pot IP-Lux 60 is devoid of few extraordinary features.
- The design of this model emanates a sense of old fashioned style pressure cooker which purported to be a drag on model’s selling prospects.
- On a similar note, Instant Pot IP-Lux 60 lacks the extra cooking options as presented in the contrasting brand Pot IP-DUO60. For instance, Yogurt Function, is not available in the Pot IP-Lux60
Which Instant Pot Pressure Cooker is the Best Value
In view of the above mentioned intimate pros and cons of the either model, it is apparent that either model has unique features to offer beyond all disputes, therefore, it is not right to lean towards any of the model with partiality. Brand is destined for different target markets, some are of the views of having discounted products and others have the tendency to pay a premium for advanced products.
In other words, a price conscious customer should march towards purchasing Pot IP-LUX60; whereas, a customer who aspire to have top of the range product must go for Pot IP- DUO60.