If you have looked at either of these cookers, you may be looking for a more efficient pressure cooker (Cost or otherwise).
Both of these cookers I think perform their job well enough to be worth their price and I think you will find these could be a potential alternative if you have been looking at other options.
This article will be comparing the WMF Perfect Pro and the Fissler Vitaquick Stovetop Pressure Cookers. These cookers vary widely from one another, both in price and function.
Hopefully, this article will give you a little more knowledge on these cookers and offer a potential alternative you may not have considered so that you can get a better bargain in the future.
I think that if you are going for something fancier, you may want to consider the Fissler Cooker while if you are looking to be more price conscious, you might consider the Perfect Pro.
But, having said that, let me go over the differences so you can understand why.
Table of Contents
The Main Differences Between The Fisser Vitaquick And The WMF Perfect Pro.
So obviously, as I have stated, the Fissler Vitaquick is the more expensive of the two. However, it does have quite a few things that make up for the price disparity.
The WMF Perfect Pro also has many things that make it worth the buy and being close to half the price of the Vitaquick, most consumers may find it to be the better deal.
So what makes them different?
- The Fissler Vitaquick has an automatic locking mechanism, as well as an audible sound for added assurance, that the Perfect Pro lacks.
- The Fissler Cooker is much more silent than conventional pressure cookers.
- The Perfect Pro has many more size options than the Fissler Vitaquick.
- The Fissler Cooker is completely dishwasher safe.
So these cookers have a few differences. It is worth noting that the Fissler Vitaquick cooker is polished and is much more durable than the WMF Perfect Pro, though the Pro will still last a long time.
So having looked at the main differences, you may be wondering about each cooker individually.
Let's take a look at each of them, starting with the WMF Perfect Pro.
The WMF Perfect Pro: A Cost-Effective Option
The WMF Perfect Pro is one of many pots manufactured under the WMF brand name. It, like many of the others from WMF, are priced quite high.
This cooker is one of the nicer cookers you will find from WMF, it has many convenience features that really make it worth the buy. This coupled with it being made from arguably the most useful kitchen metal out there, really helps make it feel worth what you’re putting in it.
- The Perfect Pro tries to stay true to the basics of pressure cooking while still making sure to add some convenience to really make it worth the price.
Let’s list the pros of this cooker;
- This cooker is made from 18/10 stainless steel. This assures that the pot is durable, easy to clean, and scratch resistant.
- The Perfect Pro is safe for all surfaces, including induction cookers. Making it a nice choice for any kitchen or restaurant.
- This cooker comes with something many stovetop pressure cookers lack; It has an inside scale that allows you to make accurate measurements so as not to overfill or underfill the pot when preparing a meal.
- The controls for the pressure setting and such are on an all-in-one control knob on the handle, keeping things simple and compact.
- This cooker also features a removable, flame-resistant pot handle and side handle.
So this cooker is without a doubt a very nice cooker and has many things that are nice to have on a cooker.
One thing to note is that it is priced notably high. While it is by no means the most expensive cooker on the market, it is not the cheapest either.
That being said, I still definitely find this cooker worth the buy if you are looking for a stovetop pressure cooker that is comfortable and compact.
The Fissler Vitaquick Pressure Cooker: A Fancy, Although Expensive, Option.
This cooker comes in 3 different sizes;
- 4.5 quart
- 6 quart
- 8 quart
The price tag definitely sets many consumers off just by looking at it. That’s not to say that it isn’t worth that much. But I personally think if I was going to spend that much on a cooker I would need a lot more than a fancy stovetop cooker.
let me go over some of the features this cooker has;
- An automatic locking lid that stays in place while the cooker is pressurized.
- 18/10 stainless steel material with a mirror shine finish.
- The handle makes an audible sound that triggers a color coded indicator when properly locked, so you can be certain it is properly closed.
- An automatic pressure valve that engages once the handle is sealed.
- Markings for minimum and maximum liquid points inside the pot to prevent under or overfilling.
it is quite advanced for a stovetop pressure cooker.
but it does have an issue; The Stainless steel means that this cooker is extremely heavy. Even more so when it is filled, but this is also a good thing in that you know the pot is not flimsy.
Aside from that there really is nothing wrong with this cooker. Though for me, for the price I would rather buy an electric pressure cooker as it saves electricity and, at this price tag, they usually have a lot more functionality.
Overall, this cooker is fantastic. It isn’t the cheapest, but it definitely isn’t the most expensive one out there.
Overall, for the difference in price, I really have to say that for most people, the WMF Perfect Pro is the best.
Personally, the Fissler Vitaquick just doesn't offer enough to be worth spending that much more money on.
If you want the fanciness of the more pricey cooker then go for it, but aside from that, it's not worth the splurge to me.
1 thought on “WMF Perfect Pro vs Fissler Vitaquick Pressure Cookers”
Hi. The article is quite helpful and very informative. Thanks a ton for all the info. I do hv some doubts for which i am unable to find satisfying answers.
If wmf pro is 18/10 stainless steel why is it not dishwasher safe?
Also what is the energy consumption of the pot itself? Just because fissler is heavier does is use more energy? Then that is a huge point in consideration. Any input on these is appreciated