Usually the driving force being the selection of electric pressure cookers is the name of the line of products that it belongs to. That is why the bestsellers tend to remain bestsellers such as the instant pot and the unknown ones tend to remain unknown.
Here at Corrie Cooks, we bring to you the details about both the popular as well as the comparatively unknown ones and as such, today we are going to discuss the details of one of the unknown yet beautifully attractive electric pressure cookers that not only graces the eye with its beauty but also offers the prospective buyer with a real host of functions, the Tayama TMC-60XL.
What are the main features of the Tayama TMC-60XL
- It has an unique look just like the Cosori electric pressure cooker.
- It has the typical volume of the online electric pressure cookers, a volume of 6 quarts, perfect for a family of three to four.
- The Tayama TMC-60XL can also act as a slow cooker, that makes it really versatile.
- This pressure cooker is treated as a 8-in-1 pressure cooker with one of the functions being that of a caner. However, we strongly advice against this because just like the case of Power Pressure Cooker XL, the USDA is against it. There are several conventional stove-top caners available that are really affordable and safe.
- The Tayama TMC-60XL also boasts of a stylish digital display panel which is arranged in such a way that the chef can easily see what is going on. This really makes it easier for the chef to cook properly.
- It also has an automatic keep warm mode that keeps your food warm until you take it out so that you can always serve the food you make in a warm condition.
- A really special feature that one must come across when looking at this pressure cooker is that it also provides you with the “Flavor Infusion Technology”, a feature that the Power Pressure Cooker XL is famous for. In fact, this feature was earlier limited to only the Power Pressure Cooker XL, and even I came to know about its presence in this model much later. But that really makes this model very much more special.
- This pressure cooker is one of the most economic electric pressure cookers that I have seen so far. This is a very important thing for people like me who want to get the most out of their investment.
- The Tayama TMC-60XL has a wattage of 1000.
The CONS of the Tayama TMC-60XL
While this pressure cooker provides the prospective buyer with so many alluring facilities, it does not do to write a review without mentioning the other side of the limited number of limitations which are not highlighted that much. You must look at both of these before deciding upon a model so that you can be perfectly assured that you are getting the most out of your investment.
The main drawbacks of the Tayama TMC-60XL are as follows:
- The Tayama TMC-60XL is only one model and so has only a 6 quart size. It’s a great size but since it is in the middle it fails to satisfy the needs of the extreme volumes such as 2 quart (for which you might try out the Cosori) or 10 quarts (for which you might try out the Power Pressure Cooker XL or the Elite Platinum 10 quart models.
- Although the Tayama TMC-60XL has the “Flavor Infusion Technology” of the Power Pressure Cooker XL, it does not have the Yogurt maker feature of the instant pot. Thus, the Tayama TMC-60XL can not make yogurt.
- The Tayama TMC-60XL does not give you any options to choose from to enhance the aesthetic looks of your kitchen, it has only one color option, the default silver color and while it is really beautiful, it is unable to provide you with any other options.
The Technical Specifications
The main technical details/specifications of the Tayama TMC-60XL are as follows:
- The Tayama TMC-60XL has a volume of 6 quarts.
- The Tayama TMC-60XL has a stainless steel body.
- The Tayama TMC-60XL has a neat dimension of 14″ X 13″ X 13″.
- The Tayama TMC-60XL has a weight of 13.8 pounds.
- The Tayama TMC-60XL has a wattage of 1000.
So, should I go for it?
Well, this one really seems like one of those underrated models which you don’t know anything about, no huge advertisements or anything. But on a closer inspection, it looks like this model really provides you with a lot of things at a really reasonable price.
In my opinion, based on all the specifications in relations to the cost of this model, one really couldn’t go wrong with it. It seems to be great functionally as well as in terms of looks and as I already said, it is economically very reasonably priced.
The main competing products
This model is a really great model and while it is comparatively unknown it really does seem to have the ability to stand up against the well established brands in the electric pressure cooker market.
In fact, the main competitors of this product are the huge line of products that are already bestsellers in the market.
In terms of Functionality, this product is really similar to the Power Pressure Cooker XL and the Fagor Lux. In fact, it is really similar to the Instant Pot as well if not for the lack of the yogurt maker function in it.
In terms of economic choice, this is a great product which is able to easily compete with and defeat the Cuisinart CPC-600 and Fagor LUX (click here for the differences between the CPC-600 and the Fagor LUX) and this product gives a direct competition to one of the the cheapest available electric pressure cookers, the Bella Pressure cooker. It must be mentioned here that this pressure cooker is functionally far superior to the other electric pressure cookers of its price range, making it a great economic choice.