In today’s article, we are going to discuss and compare two interesting Deep Fryers. While Deep Fryers are mostly really reliable devices and all, there are still quite a few ones out there.
So, obviously, just like Air Fryers, its easy to get confused with Deep Fryers as well! So, in order to find the best ones for yourself, you might have to compare quite a few of them. So, this is one of those comparisons that we bring to you today. Let’s see how the T-fal FR8000 Deep Fryer compares to the Presto 05420 FryDaddy.
What are the main features of the T-fal FR8000 Deep Fryer?
The T-fal FR8000 Deep Fryer is one of the most loved models in the industry. In fact, most people use it as one of those models they compare others to. This has become one of the symbols of the Deep Fryer industry in the United States. Anyway, let us take a main look at the features that it offers, which are as follows:
- You get am Oil Capacity of 3.5 Liters and a food capacity of 2.6 pounds. This makes it a moderate sized Deep Fryer. While several people still complain about it being too shallow, it’s still actually a moderate sized model.
- There are two basket positions that you are free to choose from. One of them is for frying and the other one is to let the oil drop back. This makes even Deep Frying even easier and cooking actually interesting with the help of this model.
- There are also temperature settings that you can choose from to ensure that it’s cooked at the right temperature. This feature is absent in the T-fal ActiFry Air Fryer.
- One of the unique features or at least rare features of this model is the presence of another container to collect the oil. Once you’re done or if you just change your mind, you can just drop the oil to the container below. This makes it even easier to clean this appliance and to dispose of the oil.
- This Deep Fryer has a stainless steel body and it has a beautiful look. This makes it a really great choice if you’re looking something that’d be aesthetically pleasing too.
- And of course, as we just discussed, it’s also a really functional model, making it a really good choice. Because at the end of the day, you’re getting functionality as well as aestheticism.
- This model also has a non-stick pot on the inside. This makes it even easier to cook with this pot. No wonder that most people say that started to love cooking after they got this model. It also makes it easier to clean up later.
- This Deep Fryer also claims to have one of the best oil filtration systems out there. Quoting from Amazon:
“Patented EZ Clean oil-filtration system for convenient deep frying, cost savings, and simple oil storage”
What are the main features of the Presto 0520 FryDaddy Deep Fryer?
The Presto 0520 FryDaddy is also a really famous model. It is by far the most famous and bestselling model of the Presto line of products. Let us find out what are the main features about this model. It is important to know that in order to find out the main differences between these two.
So, the main features of the Presto 0520 FryDaddy Deep Fryer are as follows:
- First of all, the Presto 0520 has a moderately limited capacity. This model has a capacity of 4 cups. Obviously, several people complain about this low capacity and it’s sort of justified given what it is.
- However, it is actually a good model in terms of its overall dimensions. This is because it is the ideal size to put anywhere. You can put it on a counter-top with ease! Some other models are so large that it’s actually hard to work with them. This one is an exception to that.
- And the main reason why this model is famous is because of the economic factor. This is by far one of the most affordable models in the market. The people who love cheap products hardly ever recommend any other deep fryer.
- However, it must be kept in mind that it doesn’t have a really good quality. Even the lid is made of plastic forcing you to cook with the lid open if you don’t want some melted plastic with your food- served freshly fried nonetheless!
What are the main differences between these two?
These two models are actually fairly different. There are quite a few things that we must mention between these two. These differences might be summed up in the following words:
- First of all comes the size difference. The Presto 0520 FryDaddy has a much lesser capacity than the T-fal FR8000 Deep Fryer. However, the right model in this case depends on you.
- The lid of the FryDaddy is made of plastic, forcing you to cook without having it on. This is actually really disheartening because oil gets everywhere then, it’s also a negative point in terms of safety. The T-fal proves to be much better and safer in this aspect.
- The T-fal, from the economic factor, is actually quite expensive. The FryDaddy is way more affordable.
- Again, the T-fal has a better quality overall than the Frydaddy.
- Also, in physical dimensions, the T-fal is larger than the Frydaddy.
Which one should I go for?
Well, both the models are really great choices to go for. However, if we take a careful look, it seems like the T-fal FR8000 is a far better choice although it’s a bit more expensive.
In general, Deep Fryers aren’t too expensive. So, none of them are as expensive as the high end electric pressure cookers like Breville Fast Slow Pro. However, the T-fal FR8000 is comparative more expensive than the Presto 0520 FryDaddy Deep Fryer.
As a conclusion, if you are willing to spend the extra buck, I think that the FR8000 is worth going for. If you are on a REALLY conservative budget or just don’t want to spend any more, then the Presto 0520 FryDaddy seems to be the right choice for you.
If you want to check out another model like these, check out our review of the Hamilton Beach 35021 Deep Fryer.