The T-fal FR8000 Deep Fryer, as you must already be aware is the classic T-fal Deep Fryer. It is almost unparalleled in almost all the aspects. All the way from functionality and versatility up to value for money, T-fal is one of the most renowned brands.
However, T-fal brand does have a few more products too! In today’s article, we are going to check out how one of those products, the T-fal FF492D Mini Deep Fryer looks in comparison to the classic model! It’s going to be a really interesting one so I hope that you’ll stay tuned with us to find the right answer!
What are the main features for the T-fal FR8000 Deep Fryer?
The T-fal FR800 comes from the T-fal line of products. Several lines might fail you in something or the other but T-fal? Never. It’s one of those lines that I advocate having faith on (and trust me, I don’t say this often). So well, there’s no hint of doubt about its quality or efficiency or affordability.
However, that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t check out if it fits our need. First of all, to do that, we need to find out what exactly it offers us. So, the main things that it offers us with might be summed up as follows:
- First of all, the T-fal FR8000 Deep Fryer is obviously made by the T-fal line of products.
- This Deep Fryer has an oil capacity of 3.5 Litres.
- It also has a food capacity of about 2.6 pounds.
- The Basket has 2 positions that you can place it on. One of them is the position where it submerges in oil and cooks the food. The other one is where it is out of the oil and the oil actually drops down. This stops your deep fried food from being oily as is the case with some other appliances out there.
- There are also temperature settings that you can choose from to ensure that it’s cooked at the right temperature. This feature is absent in the T-fal ActiFry Air Fryer.
- You are also provided with an option to drop the oil in the container below. This can be used to easily filter as well as get the oil there.
- This Deep Fryer also claims to have one of the best oil filtration systems out there. Quoting from Amazon:
Patented EZ Clean oil-filtration system for convenient deep frying, cost savings, and simple oil storage
What are the main features of the T-fal FF492D Mini Deep Fryer?
The T-fal Mini! Oh how I’ve waited to discuss this model! This model is almost the same as the classic model. It’s just a miniature version. Except the size and capacity, it’s actually pretty much the same as I just said. It has the same features, the same level of functionality and the same everything. However, let us still take a look at the main features of this model which might be put down as:
- First of all, the T-fal FF492D Mini Deep Frye is obviously made by the T-fal line of products.
- This Deep Fryer has an oil capacity of 1.2 Litres.
- It also has a food capacity of about 0.66 pounds.
- And of course, the fact that it’s made by T-fal is enough to ensure its quality. T-fal makes only quality products in all aspects. Even the disliked and criticized T-fal ActiFry Air Fryer has a good name when ti comes to quality. So you really don’t have to worry about that!
- This model also has a non-stick pot on the inside. This makes it even easier to cook with this pot. No wonder that most people say that started to love cooking after they got this model. It also makes it easier to clean up later.
Funny thing is- There’s only one main difference!
Usually, whenever it comes to listing differences, there are a plenty in plain sight! However, when I came to this one, I noticed that there aren’t too many differences for this comparison. The more I searched, the more it became obvious that there was no choice but to come to this conclusion that there really aren’t as many differences as there could have been.
In fact, at the end, I found out that it’s truly as T-fal says (My respect for T-fal grew even more with this). I found out that T-fal was right when they said that the only differences were the Size and Capacity. It truly is so.
A minor other difference, that I managed to find was obvious. The smaller one didn’t have the extra tray to store oil. But this is actually natural given its capacity. There really isn’t any need for a tray. That’s why I decided to not count that as a difference.
Which model should I go for?
It’s a pity that in this case, there’s no suggestions or anything. These two models are about the same! The only thing that puts them apart, as we just saw, is only the size and the capacity. So of course, it should be easily obvious to everyone which one they want.
SO, if you’re looking for a larger model, the classic model seems to be the better choice here. And if you’re looking for a smaller model, the “mini” model seems to be the choice here.
Coming to think of it, that’s why they named it “mini” right? Couldn’t we have just saved all of these thoughts if we figured out that “mini” meant lesser in size?
At least we know that Presto means lesser in price! What? You don’t know? Well, click here to find out how affordable it’s prime model is!