In today’s article, we’re going to bring to you a comparison between a specific model and an entire line of products. Remember when we said we were comparing a model to another model or even a series? Well, we’ve decided to turn up the volume a bit more. This time, one model VS a whole line of products (and that too the Fagor line of products).
In case you’re wondering weather the T-fal is the best economic choice or even the best functional choice in the price range for you or not, this article is for you. Even if you’re looking to know about all the fagor models, you can use the T-fal as a yardstick to measure how much each of them extends. However, if any of these is the case with you, we suggest you to take a look at the Tayama Electric Pressure Cooker as well.
- Let us first look at the Features of the T-fal CY505E
- Let us now look at the Fagor Electronic Pressure Cookers
- So, what are the main differences between the T-fal and the Fagor?
- So, which one could you choose?
Let us first look at the Features of the T-fal CY505E
The T-fal CY505E is one of the pressure cookers that offer a lot more than the price they’re available at. The prime features that this pressure cooker offers are:
- It is a 12-in-one programmable electric multi-function pressure cooker with a body of stainless steel.
- The T-fal CY505E boasts of an astonishing 25 in built smart programs.
- It offers you a volume of 6.3 (you might have read that another model of T-fal is available with a volume of 8 quarts- We will be coming to that soon) quarts.
- It has a wattage of about 1000.
- it boasts of a 4-layer ceramic cooking pot.
However, it is mention worthy here that the T-fal comes in a couple of sizes and variants:
- The T-fal has a stovetop model. The stovetop model has two sizes available: 6 quarts and 8 quarts.
- The T-fal Cy505E has an electronic version, which is the one we are discussing right now, this electric one comes in only one size, and that size is 6.3 quarts. (This is why I mentioned only the 6.3 Qt in the features list.)
Let us now look at the Fagor Electronic Pressure Cookers
1. The Fagor LUX Series:
Silver color: 4 quart 6 quart and 8 quart.
Champagne color: 4 quart 6 quart and 8 quart.
Copper color: 6 quart and 8 quart.
The important general features of this series are as follows:
- A total number of 10 preset functions.
- Ability to cook Yogurt.
- It also has the Keep Warm feature.
- It gives you two pressure settings to choose from: The high pressure setting and the low pressure setting.
- It is also rated as one of the most economic options when it comes to electronic pressure cookers.
2. The Fagor Premium Series:
The Fagor Premium series offers you the highest functionality level in the Fagor line of products.
There are two Fagor premium models which are almost the same except when it comes to their volume and wattage. These two are:
Fagor 670041930 Premium Electric Pressure and Rice Cooker. This pressure cooker has a volume of 6 quarts and a wattage of 800.
Fagor 670041970 Premium Electric Pressure and Rice Cooker. This pressure cooker has a volume of 8 quarts and a wattage of 1000.
Besides the size difference, as mentioned earlier, these two pressure cookers are almost the same. Now, the main features of the Fagor premium pressure cookers are as follows:
- The Fagor Premium Electric Pressure cooker comes with an LED screen with soft touch control buttons.
- It boasts of a pressure cooking time programmable up to 99 minutes, time delay setting up to 6 hours.
- It has both high and low pressure settings. The low pressure cooks for at 3 psi while the high pressure cooks food at 8 psi.
- These pressure cookers have a volume range of 6-8 quarts.
- These pressure cookers, depending on the model, have a wattage of 800 or 1000.
3. The Fagor 3 in 1 Multi-Cooker:
The Fagor 3 in 1 multi cooker is one of the lesser known models of Fagor with lesser utilities, if you’re looking to buy Fagor, you should opt for either the LUX or the Premium series. However, let us look at the main specifications of this model for the sake of our discussion:
- Has a volume of 6 quarts.
- Can be used as slow cooker.
- High and low pressure cooking functions.
- Flexible programming for up to 9.5 hours.
4. The Fagor LUX LCD 360:
The newest model from Fagor so far. Provides 10 primary cooking functions, has LCD screen with easy navigation control.
- Has a volume of 8 quarts
- Weights 19 lbs.
*Please note the discontinued of Fagor Electric Pressure Cooker Plus.
So, what are the main differences between the T-fal and the Fagor?
The T-fal CY505E and the Fagor as a whole are entirely different. While the T-fal might be compared to the economic side of the Fagor LUX and the functional side of Fagor Premium (click here for the differences between Fagor LUX and Premium), the entire fagor series is something entirely different. Let us look at the main differences between the two:
- The T-fal CY505E is a specific model while the Fagor is a whole line of products with a LOT of models.
- The T-fal CY505E has a great functionality for its price range, it can be said to have the better parts of every fagor model.
- However, the Fagor LUX is able to cook yogurt, a feature that is entirely absent in the T-fal CY505E
- The T-fal CY505E is a model of 6 quarts, but since the Fagor is a huge range, it has models from 5 to 8 quarts.
- And last but not the least, except the almost same footing of Fagor LUX, the T-fal CY505E is comparatively cheaper than the Fagor line of products.
At the end of the day, however, both of them are really great choices and one cannot really go wrong between them, because you’d get something anyway, you just have to!
So, which one could you choose?
Well, it’s not really hard to choose the right product for you (especially in cases like these where you can’t go wrong) if only you keep your specific requirements in mind. Let us look at a few cases and the probable answers then:
- If you’re looking at functionality, you might go for the T-fal CY505E or the Fagor Premium.
- If you’re looking for economic value, you might go for the T-fal CY505E or the Fagor LUX.
- However, if you’re looking strictly for aesthetic pleasure and want to have a choice, the Fagor LUX is your only choice.
- If you’re looking for a model larger than 6 quarts, Fagor is the answer here. (But you might try out Power Pressure Cooker XL)
Have your priorities sorted and keep your specific needs in mind, with a choice between two like these, as I said earlier, you can never possibly go wrong!