Today we have a fairly good comparison for you, The T-FAL Electric Pressure Cooker and the Cuisinart CPC-600.
The T-FAL is in quite a few ways superior to the Cuisinart cooker. But the Cuisinart cooker is also a very good cooker as well.
The Cuisinart cooker is quite a bit cheaper than the T-FAL as well making it a good choice.
But just how are these two cookers different, and which one should you buy? This article will be going over these two cookers, and how they are different so that you as the consumer can know which of these is the best value for your money.
It is worth noting here that the T-FAL has two size options depending on your needs, while the Cuisinart cooker only comes in one size. However, things such as replacement safety release valves and interior bowls are sold separately from the T-FAL.
Hopefully, after reading this article you as the consumer can be a little more informed on what you really want out of a cooker as well as just how much you are willing to spend to get an appliance you truly desire.
So let’s take a look at these two cookers and their most important differences.
The Main Differences Between The Cuisinart CPC-600 and the T-FAL Electric Pressure Cooker.
So let’s look at just what it is that makes these two cookers so different, aside from their price of course.
- The T-FAL has an optional 8-Quart size if you don’t want a 6-quart, while the Cuisinart CPC-600 only has the 6-quart option.
- The Cuisinart cooker has a simple interface with a few preset options, while the T-FAL cooker has multiple presets to allow for a quick setup.
- The Cuisinart cooker lacks a delay timer while the T-FAL cooker has one.
- The T-FAL cooker has a slow cook option.
- By default, the T-FAL cooker comes with a Teflon-coated cooking bowl rather than stainless steel.
- The timer on the Cuisinart cooker is somewhat complicated and can be annoying.
These are just the most important and obvious differences between the two cookers. Below I will cover each product more in depth and go over the pros and cons of each cooker as well as the two different versions of the T-FAL.
It is worth noting that the Cuisinart cooker is the cheaper and is simpler to use for the most part. But if you have the extra funds to put toward the T-FAL cooker it is definitely worth getting.
So now let’s look at each of these cookers individually, starting with the T-FAL cooker first.
The T-FAL CY505E Electric Pressure Cooker.
For the first in a line, this cooker has many features that many of the more expensive cookers on the market have at a much lower price.
This cooker is a 12-in-1 multifunction cooker that has many convenience features such as a delay timer that goes up to 24 hours, as well as something that Instant Pot Cookers are well known for, a yogurt cooking preset.
This cooker, if you are looking for a lower priced alternative to the more expensive cookers on the market, is a great alternative.
So let’s look at some of the more in-depth pros and cons of this cooker and just what makes it stand out in its price range so much;
- a delay timer that goes up to 24 hours,
- A manual timer option that goes from 5 minutes all the way up to 12 hours.
- Multiple optional presets to make setting up a meal a breeze.
- a 6.3-quart bowl for a little extra food room.
- a “DIY Chef” setting to create your own preset for a favorite meal.
- A yogurt cooking function.
But with all these benefits there have to be some downsides to this cooker right? Right. But just what are they?
- lacks a stainless steel bowl by default
- More expensive than the Cuisinart cooker.
- Although it has an 8-quart option, the 8-quart is a non-electric stovetop cooker.
So it does have a few drawbacks, one being that the 8-quart model is non-electric. I wasn’t going to mention the non-electric version, but they are under the same model number and page on amazon so I wanted to make sure there was no confusion.
The Cuisinart CPC-600, Chef On A Budget.
With that said, the company itself is fairly well known in the cooking community and you can find their products in many stores and on many websites.
This company has made many great products, and this one, in particular, is designed as a more entry-level Electric pressure cooking, being both affordable and simple.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of this cooker to see just what it can offer you.
- This cooker is a 4-in-1 multifunction, with the option of either low or high pressure cooking on manual cooking.
- A 6-quart capacity.
- Cool touch side handles to avoid burning.
- Non-stick, dishwasher safe pot.
- Digital thermostat.
- Coming in at the same price as an average stovetop pressure cooker, this a great alternative to really get into pressure cooking.
- cooks much faster than your average stovetop pressure cooker.
Now for the downsides;
- With this product being so much cheaper, it lacks any special features that truly set it apart.
- The timer is somewhat complicated; the timer goes up by 1-minute increments from 1-40 and 5-minute increments from 40-99.
- not many preset options when compared to the T-FAL pressure cooker.
All in all, if you don’t want to really get into pressure cooking and spend $100 or above on one, but a conventional stovetop pressure cooker just isn’t cutting it, this Cooker is a fantastic middle point that doesn’t cost too much and still functions well.
So Which Is The Best Value?
All in All, both of these pressure cookers are fantastic entry-level cookers, they are not too far apart in price, and both function well and get the job done.
If you just want something cheap and simple then the Cuisinart CPC-600 is a great way to go.
At the same time, if you don’t mind spending a little more, the T-FAL cooker is well worth it.