When it comes to comparing high end electronic pressure cooker models such as the Breville Fast Slow Pro with other ones, people often assume that the other one will not be as useful and functional.
In this article, we are going to compare the Breville Fast Slow Pro with the T-fal CY505E and see how these two look beside each other. Hopefully, by the end of the article, we will be able to see how much the cost-superiority perspective is valid and how much of it is a hoax made up to make one’s own self seem superior because they could afford it.
Let us Look at the Features of the T-fal CY505E
The T-fal CY505E is one of the pressure cookers that offer a lot more than the price they’re available at. The prime features that this pressure cooker offers are:
- It is a 12-in-one programmable electric multi-function pressure cooker with a body of stainless steel.
- The T-fal CY505E boasts of an astonishing 25 in built smart programs.
- It offers you a volume of 6.3 (you might have read that another model of T-fal is available with a volume of 8 quarts- We will be coming to that soon) quarts.
- It has a wattage of about 1000.
- it boasts of a 4-layer ceramic inner basin with a non-stick removable cooking pot.
However, it is mention worthy here that the T-fal comes in a couple of sizes and variants:
- The T-fal has a stovetop model. The stovetop model has two sizes available: 6 quarts and 8 quarts. [ To see where this stovetop model ranks among other stovetop models, click here.]
- The T-fal Cy505E has an electronic version, which is the one we are discussing right now, this electric one comes in only one size, and that size is 6.3 quarts. (This is why I mentioned only the 6.3 Qt in the features list.)
The main features of the Breville Fast Slow Pro
The Breville Fast Slow Pro is one of the most advanced electronic pressure cookers ever made. It is one of the three models that Breville has ever launched and is arguably one of the best electronic pressure cookers (if not THE best) that are available today.
In fact, this pressure cooker is equally ahead of all competitors in all the fields (from functionality, through easy operation up to the safety features that it is packed with.) In fact, several critiques have often dubbed this one as THE Breville Pro.
The main features that this beast of a model offers its potential customers are as follows:
- It has a color changing LED display, the color changes with the function that you set so it is super easy for the chef to remember and/or check what function they have turned on. However, if you want an even more attractive and easier interface, you might want to take a look at the Instant Pot Ultra.
- It is almost completely automated. Except selecting the function, it has almost nothing that has to be done manually.
- It boasts of a volume of about 6 quarts.
- It has a 3-Way Safety System consisting of: safety locking lid, automatic hands-free steam release and safety-valve.
- It has dual sensors at the top and bottom to ensure that the pressure is measured perfectly and the cooking goes on perfectly.
- It has 11 preset pressure cook settings and one custom setting feature where you can select all the details in order to perfectly cook the recipes that you wish to try out on your own.
- The cooking timer does not have any limit.
- It has a wattage of 1100.
The main differences between the two
These two are pretty distinct models, let us now look at the main differences between these two models of electronic pressure cookers and see how they look in comparison to each other:
- The Breville fast slow pro boasts of a color changing display that makes it really easy to see which program is running so that you can act accordingly. This makes the whole cooking job a lot more easier for the cook to supervise. This feature is not present in the T-fal CY505E. However, once again, the latest model of Instant Pot, the Instant Pot Ultra, is a the best in terms of interface and display system.
- The T-fal CY505E gives one the option to choose from 25 in built smart programs. The Breville Fast Slow Pro, on the other hand, has only 11 preset pressure cook settings making the T-fal CY505E the one at an advantage here.
- The Breville Fast Slow Pro has a limitless cooking timer, this is where it gets ahead of the T-fal CY505E.
- The Breville Fast Slow Pro, because of being a comparatively high end model, has some excess features such as the dual sensors it has at the top and the bottom. The T-fal CY505E, like regular models, has only one sensor.
- The Breville fast slow pro has a wattage of 1100 while the T-fal CY505E has a wattage of 1000, both of them having the same volume. Thus, the T-fal CY505E has an advantage here.
- Finally, in terms of price, the T-fal CY505E is far cheaper than the Breville Fast Slow Pro.
Verdict: The T-fal CY505E or The Breville Fast Slow Pro?
Both of these are really great pressure cookers. The Breville Fast Slow Pro boasts of a few extra features because of the fact that it is an high end pressure cooker but the T-fal CY505E has some extra features as well in an economic direction as compared to the Breville Fast Slow Pro.
Let us look at the main probable choices between selections between these two :
- If you are looking for an easy to use and attractive interface that makes everything obvious and super easy to keep track of, then the Breville Fast Slow Pro is the right choice for you with its fabulous color changing display.
- If you are looking for functionality in terms of preset programs, the T-fal CY505E gives the option to choose from 25 in built programs while the Breville Fast Slow Pro gives you only 11 options. Here, the T-fal CY505E is the more probable choice.
- There is no cooking time limit in case of the Breville Fast Slow Pro. If you are looking at long hours of keeping the pressure cooker on for some reason, the Breville Fast Slow Pro seems to be the probable choice.
- From an economic perspective, the T-fal CY505E is much cheaper than the Breville Fast Slow Pro, making it the choice of the people who are to choose between these two from an economic perspective. However, you might want to take a look at even cheaper models at this point. Of those models, the suggested ones are the Bella Electric Pressure cooker and the Tayama Electric Pressure cooker.
- From economic efficiency as well, the T-fal CY505E has a power consumption which is 100 watts lower than the Breville Fast Slow Pro, making it a better economic choice for the long run as well and thus the more probable choice for economically selective people.