If you are familiar with Electric Pressure Cookers, you might have hard this name before. Secura is a line of products that is pretty famous both in case of Electric Pressure Cookers and Air Fryers. (Just like another line of products called Power)
Since we have already reviewed the Secura Electric Pressure Cooker, today we’re going to review their Air Fryer. So, if you’re a fan of their Pressure Cooker or are considering buying their Air Fryer or even any Air Fryer in general, we hope you stay tuned and read this article till the end. We hope that by the end of the article you’d be able to make your decision.
The main features of the Secura XL 1500 Watt 4 Liter Air Fryer
The Secura Air Fryer provides you with quite a few features. In fact, it provides you with all these features at a pretty reasonable rate. That is the main reason why it is one of the bestselling products in the Air Fryer market. So, you must be wondering by now what these “features” are. Well, the main features that the Secura XL Air Fryer boasts of might be summed up in the following words:
- First of all comes capacity. The Secura XL provides you with a 4 Liter capacity, which is just slightly lesser than the Philips Avance XL model that provides you with a capacity of around 5 Liters.
- Again, The Secura XL is not a digital Air Fryer. This makes it comparatively more durable. Durability is a really plus point when it comes to modern electronics. That is why this point becomes important.
- While it isn’t digital, that doesn’t mean it lags behind on technology. It uses hot air with a rapid air flow system to prepare your food properly at the fastest speed.
- This model also provides you with temperature control, which is a really great feature to be able to properly cook all the foods you want to cook. In comparison, the T-fal ActiFry Air Fryer does not provide you with it. That makes the fixed temperature too hot for some foods while it’s too cold for some others.
- Again, the Secura XL also has a 60 minute timer with an automatic turn off feature. This means that you can pre-plan and leave. You don’t have to babysit your Air fryer all the time it works.
- Finally, it is not too expensive either. It belongs to the low-mid range, making it a pretty fine choice economically for middle class families.
Sounds cool so far, right? Well here are some negative points.
Well, while it might be sounding like it’s the best available Air Fryer out there till now, well… it’s not. There are quite a few limitations with a model even like this one. These limitations force some customers to turn to other models, preventing it from being the undisputed best in the industry.
The main ones of such shortcomings that this Air Fryer has are as follows:
- First of all, it lacks customization and versatility and choice. This implies to size as well as color. This is literally a single model and it does not allow you to choose anything. This essentially makes it a take-or-leave scenario. This is a pretty disadvantageous stand for a product.
- Secondly, this Air Fryer lacks Digitization. While it does make it slightly more durable, it makes it less attractive and much less easy to use. This is a really negative point because several customers actually don’t buy it because of this.
- For an XL model, the size of 4 Liter isn’t really a lot. There are quite a few models ranging from Philips Avance XL all the way up to the 16 quart big boss (click here to check out my review on the Big Boss).
Is the Secura XL Worth It?
Whenever someone asks me this question, I bet they expect an answer in yes or no. Well, let’s look at it differently alright?
It might be and it might not be. This actually completely depends on you. Everyone has some specific needs. The best we can do from here is to look at the most common needs and judge based on those, but in everyone’s case it’s always case specific. So technically, it can be a good or a bad choice for you based on your exact needs.
You might find that it serves all your needs perfectly at the lowest possible price, in a such a case it is the best model out there for you. You must understand that your specific needs make you different as a person, an unique identity. And that implies that any model might be specifically the best for you and that solely depends on your exact needs.
What are some of the competing products?
The Secura XL is a really nice product. Frankly speaking, competing products for a product are based on categories. There might be competing products in terms of functionality, price and even durability. However, all of them might be different models.
So, we always try to clearly state the category of the competition so that you can know what to expect. For this model, the main competing products (divided categorically) are as follows:
- In terms of functionality, this product competes with the Della Electric Air Fryer, Power Air Fryer and GoWISE USA GW22622 Air Fryer.
- Again, in terms of Capacity, the closest competitor is the Philips Avance XL Air Fryer.
- From an economic perspective, again, the main competitor would be the Della Electric Air Fryer.