Hello and Welcome to Corrie Cooks! In today’s article, we are going to check out how the Secura Hot Air Fryer looks in comparison to the Philips Air Fryer. Philips, as you know, is THE bestseller. However, that doesn’t mean that we should overlook all the things about Philips. On the other hand, it equally doesn’t mean that we don’t even consider the other models.
Corrie Cooks believes in checking it out yourself before believing! So, today, we’re going to check out when you might go for which of these Air Fryers. Let us begin by checking out the main features of each of them.
What are the main features of the Secura Air Fryer?
The Secura Air Fryer provides you with quite a few features. In fact, it provides you with all these features at a pretty reasonable rate. That is the main reason why it is one of the bestselling products in the Air Fryer market. So, you must be wondering by now what these “features” are. Well, the main features that the Secura XL Air Fryer boasts of might be summed up in the following words:
- First of all comes capacity. The Secura XL provides you with a 4 Liter capacity, which is just slightly lesser than the Philips Avance XL model that provides you with a capacity of around 5 Liters.
- Again, The Secura XL is not a digital Air Fryer. This makes it comparatively more durable. Durability is a really plus point when it comes to modern electronics. That is why this point becomes important.
- While it isn’t digital, that doesn’t mean it lags behind on technology. It uses hot air with a rapid air flow system to prepare your food properly at the fastest speed.
- This model also provides you with temperature control, which is a really great feature to be able to properly cook all the foods you want to cook. In comparison, the T-fal ActiFry Air Fryer does not provide you with it. That makes the fixed temperature too hot for some foods while it’s too cold for some others.
- Again, the Secura XL also has a 60 minute timer with an automatic turn off feature. This means that you can pre-plan and leave. You don’t have to babysit your Air fryer all the time it works.
- Finally, it is not too expensive either. It belongs to the low-mid range, making it a pretty fine choice economically for middle class families.
Let us now discuss the main features of the Philips Air Fryers
Philips Air Fryers are the bestselling Air Fryers in the market with a huge brand value. It goes without saying that people have not only accepted but actually loved their products. However, that doesn’t mean that we’re not going to check out their products from a closer perspective.
So, the main models (and their details) of the Philips line of products are:
Philips Viva is a series which has two prominent Air Fryers. These two are almost the same except for their interface and a few other things. The HD9230 is the model with the digital interface. The main features of the Philips Viva HD9230 Air Fryer might be summed up as follows:
- It has a sound alert system that makes noises once it’s done with the process. This saves you from overcooking your food. It’s also a great way to free yourself from the hassle of having to babysit you appliance.
- Next comes the capacity. The Philips Viva HD9230 has a fairly small capacity of 1.8 pounds.
- And as I remarked in the first place, it’s the proud boaster of a digital interface which makes it quite simple to plan with and keep an eye on. Overall, it’s quite simple to use.
Next comes the manual model from the same Philips Viva Series. The model that boasts of a manual interface is the Philips Viva HD9220 Air Fryer. The main features that this Air Fryer offers are as follows:
- There are two choices that you get when it comes to choosing the color for this model: Black and White.
- This model also has a capacity of 1.8 pounds, just like the Philips Viva HD9230 Air Fryer.
- This model, as I just stated, has a manual interface. This is the only model with a manual interface in the top 3 bestselling Air Fryer models. Obviously, it’s also the bestselling manual Air Fryer.
Finally comes the Philips Avance XL. This model is the bestselling model in the Air Fryer market right now. If you’re familiar with Air Fryers, you’re familiar with this model. You might even be familiar with most of the aspects of this model. However, let’s take another look at them. So, the main features that this model boasts of are as follows:
- Philips Avance XL is one of the most versatile models out there. It’s one of the only models that let you program a preset. That’s called the “Smart” preset in this model. That’s a great thing that makes your device a lot more versatile.
- The Philips Avance XL Air Fryer has a capacity of 2.65 pounds. This is a fairly large capacity and is enough to cook a mean for a whole family at once. This makes you free from having to cook the same thing in small amounts over the course of several times.
- And there’s an ON/OFF display to show you if the Air Fryer is working or not. One of the best status indicators one might ask for, if I might add.
Which one should I go for?
Well you must be wondering by now as to which one you should go for. Given the differences between these two, it won’t be too hard if only you keep your specific needs in mind.
If you’re looking for a Digital Air Fryer, Philips is the only choice here since the Secura Air Fryer is manual. For Manual Air Fryers, you can choose between Secura and Philips Viva HD9220.
If you’re looking for functionality, Philips wins in this case. Especially with some extra features such as the “Smart” preset, it also wins in terms of customization of functionality.
If you are looking for size, the Philips Avance XL is the model you might want to go for. If you want something even larger, check out the Big Boss 16 Quart Air Fryer.
If you’re looking for economic viability, Secura is the answer here. You might also want to check out the Bella Electric Air Fryer, in that case.