PrimoEats is a name you might not be familiar with. Unlike the Instant Pot line of products that has an Instant Pot Sous Vide model which makes everything. In fact, there are quite a few line of products that makes a lot of things. However, PrimoEats is one of the names I’ve only heard in case of Sous Vide machines.
So well, while it might be not as big of a line of products or as famous as the Instant Pot, it surely does specialize here. So I guess it’s also worth checking out. That’s why we are going to review the Primo Eats Sous Vide machine in today’s article! You up for it? Let’s get started, then!
What are the main features of this model?
The PrimoEats, as I just remarked, is a comparatively unknown line of products. But that doesn’t mean that it lags behind the famous ones in anything whatsoever. This can further be proved if we just take a look at the features that it offers. So, the main features of the PrimoEats Sous Vide Machine might be summed up in the following points:
- First of all, this Sous Vide, like all other sous vide machines, heats up the water so that you can evenly cook your food from all the sides at the same time. This makes the food perfectly cooked (as in, it isn’t overcooked or undercooked).
- Next comes the fact that it’s actually one of the models with a nice interface. There are some models that are functional but don’t have a nice interface. This makes them harder to use and unlikely to be chosen though they are functional. But that’s not the case at all with this model because it has a pretty beautiful interface.
- Of course, it has a high level of accuracy. Some machines don’t really have accuracy when it comes to the temperature and that makes them super hard to use. Because of their unreliability. But this model is reliable and so you can always use it happily to cook the best food for you and your family.
- This device isn’t a huge box. That means that it comes in a reliable size that makes it easy to handle and to store away. Sometimes, the big ones are actually hard to handle, hard to place anywhere and even hard to store away for future use. But with something of this size, it becomes a lot easier. In fact, this makes the whole thing a lot simpler for you.
- And of course, this model has a really nice look. There are quite a few functional models out there. But how can you go for them if they don’t fit in with your kitchen? Well don’t worry because this one is going to fit in with every kitchen out there, making it the ideal model for a lot of you!
What are some of the problems with this model?
This model doesn’t have too many problems. But that doesn’t mean that it couldn’t be better. Here are a few things which I suggest could still do with some improvement. Please note that this model is a really good one and it’s just my opinion about what it exactly needs.
So, some of the main things it could stand to improve are as follows:
- First of all, the main flaw, for this model, according to me, is the lack of use of technology. Yes, it is just too old fashioned. I know that’s a really important thing too, but it could have had both the things. Like other models of Sous Vide Machines, it should also have been able to connect to smartphones. Those models don’t have the manual part but it could have retained that.
- Next comes the fact that it’s not really one of the most durable models out there. While the company does claim to have the best quality invested and some people who bought it agree, some people don’t as well.
- Unlike the Gourmia GSV550 and GSV900, this model isn’t a whole container in itself. This means that this model still requires a container. While it might be easy to clip it to one, it’s still not complete all by itself and needs that. It’s actually something that makes this model, like several others, kind of incomplete.
Should I go for this model?
The right model for you depends on your specific needs. That is why it is important to judge every model according to them before you settle on one. Keep in mind that the best model for yourself isn’t the best one in the market. It’s the one that serves all your needs at the most affordable price.
However, according to me, this model is actually a pretty nice model. Given how functional it is and added to that the fact that it’s affordable too, it seems to be a pretty nice model to go for. So, from my point of view, I think that purchasing this model is justified if only you’re fine with this model not connecting to your smartphone with Bluetooth or WiFi.
What are some of the models I might go for?
Of course, there are always alternatives should you wish to go for something else. If you were considering going for these models, you might want to try out these alternative models. This is based on the fact that most people who consider this modle usually go for one of these:
- Gourmia GSV140 Immersion Sous Vide Pod Review
- Instant Pot Accu SV800 Sous Vide Immersion Circulator Review
- Gourmia GSV550 9 Qt Sous Vide Water Oven Cooker Review
- Gourmia GSV900 Sous Vide Self Contained Circulating Water Oven Review