You must have come across all the articles about these two models till now. You might have also come across the comparison article between two T-fal models. Some of you might even be wondering or even waiting for such a comparison between two Presto models.
Well, your wait ends here! Corrie Cooks brings to you the differences between the Presto 05420 FryDaddy and the Presto 05466 Dual Basket Deep Fryer. Let us take a look at the main differences between these two models right now!
What are the main features of the Presto 05420 FryDaddy Deep Fryer?
The Presto 05420 FryDaddy is the landmark model for Presto. I mean, most of the people probably believe that it’s the only model by Presto or something. Whenever I hear people talking about Presto, I just hear people talking about it. So, that makes us wonder if it’s really that special. There’s only one way to find out- by taking a look at what exactly this model offers.
So, the main features of the Presto 0520 FryDaddy Deep Fryer might be summed up as follows:
- First of all, the Presto 0520 has a moderately limited capacity. This model has a capacity of 4 cups. Obviously, several people complain about this low capacity and it’s sort of justified given what it is.
- However, it is actually a good model in terms of its overall dimensions. This is because it is the ideal size to put anywhere. You can put it on a counter-top with ease! Some other models are so large that it’s actually hard to work with them. This one is an exception to that.
- And the main reason why this model is famous is because of the economic factor. This is by far one of the most affordable models in the market. The people who love cheap products hardly ever recommend any other deep fryer.
- However, it must be kept in mind that it doesn’t have a really good quality. Even the lid is made of plastic forcing you to cook with the lid open if you don’t want some melted plastic with your food- served freshly fried nonetheless!
- This one is scary. Most people that have used this model have one serious complain about it. They say that the teflon coating of this model starts to come out really soon and that’s a really dangerous thing. You aren’t supposed to eat it, after all! This makes this model unfit to use after that and in most of the cases the company actually doesn’t do anything about it. So, this is actually a really concerning thing.
What are the main features of the Presto 05466 Dual Basket Deep Fryer?
The Presto 05466 is one of the very few models that actually impress me. Most of the models are pretty much same- after all, all you use them for is Deep Frying! However, this model is pretty unique because of all the features that it offers you with. It’s not only ahead of the others in terms of capacity and functionality but also value for money.
- First of all comes the thing that this model makes obvious from its very name. This model has two baskets. Almost every Deep Fryer that you can come across provides you with one. This one provides you with two. It might appear at the beginning that this only helps you with the capacity, but that’s not the case at all. It’s also helpful when it comes to functionality. With one basket, you can prepare one thing- with two you can prepare two!
- There are also temperature settings that you can choose from to ensure that it’s cooked at the right temperature. This feature is absent in the T-fal ActiFry Air Fryer.
- It has a 5 lb food capacity. This is a fairly large capacity that lets you easily cook the food for your family. In some cases, small models stop you from being able to cook enough food at once. This makes it boring because you have to cook the same thing in small batches. So, if you get a fairly large capacity like this one, it makes the cooking process easier.
- This model boasts of a stainless steel body. Several model has bodies or parts made of plastic. This makes you unable to cook with ease because it usually ends up with you being afraid of ending up melting some part. But that is not the case with this model. Here, you can be sure that the whole thing is going to be alright even if you cook the way you want. This makes cooking a lot less worrying and makes you actually feel like cooking.
So, what are the main differences between these two models?
These two models don’t look similar, to begin with. And frankly, they aren’t. These two models are the most similar when it comes to the fact that they are both made by Presto. Except that, there are a whole lot of differences that set these two apart from one another. These might be summed up in the following words:
- First of all is the capacity difference. The FryDaddy is a small model while the Dual Basket is a pretty large model.
- Second is quality, the FryDaddy, for instance, has a plastic lid. The Dual Basket is a much more quality product in comparison.
- The FryDaddy is simple to use, it’s just by plugging it in! However, that also means it lacks all the temperature settings that the Dual Basket has.
- From a financial perspective as well, the FryDaddy is far cheaper of the two here.
Which one should I go for, then?
Aha! Now that’s the question I was waiting for! Personally speaking, in this case, it depends on solely your budget.
The Presto FryDaddy is actually one of the most affordable models. However, it equally lacks on everything from quality to functionality. The Dual Basket is a far better choice if you’re able and willing to afford it. Yes, it’s a few extra bucks but that’s well worth it in this case.
If you are considering going with the Dual Basket, don’t forget to consider The T-fal FR8000 Deep Fryer.