Everything in life can’t be decadent and delicious, but your chocolate cake certainly can! This rich, chocolaty, moist cake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
And the best part? Just like in the Instant Pot Brownies recipe, you don’t even need to preheat the oven, since the Instant Pot does all the work for you!
- 1-3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c Hershey's cocoa powder
- 2 c sugar
- 1 c Hershey's chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt I used pink Himalayan salt
- Chocolate chips for garnish; optional
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1 c 1% milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c boiling water
- 1 c tap water
- Canola oil cooking spray
- In a large bowl, stir together all dry ingredients until well mixed.
- In another large bowl, mix all wet ingredients except water and cooking spray. Once thoroughly combined, add boiling water and whisk.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until thoroughly blended. Do not over mix.
- Generously spray ramekins with canola oil cooking spray. Fill each ramekin 3/4 of the way full with the cake batter.
- Put tap water in the pressure cooker and add trivet or cooker basket. Place ramekins on trivet or in basket.
- Close pressure cooker lid, and ensure it is sealed. If your cooker has a cake setting, use it. If not, cook on high for 20-25 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Check cakes with toothpick or fork – the cake should be moist but not runny. If not done, cook for five minutes more and recheck.
- Once the cake is done, carefully remove from the pressure cooker. Allow the cake to cool, add a few chocolate chips on top, and enjoy!