Looking for an easy weekday dinner? Look no further than the French Mushroom Swiss Beef Sandwich!
In this recipe, we combine tender beef with savory French onion soup, juicy mushrooms, and ooey-gooey Swiss cheese. This recipe is super easy to make and requires minimal meal prep. Even better, your pressure cooker does all the work!
- 2 lb beef chuck roast
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 cans condensed French onion soup
- 8 oz mushrooms any variety, sliced
- 4 sub buns or hoagie rolls
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
- Turn on the sauté option on your pressure cooker, add grape seed oil, and brown roast on all sides (about 3-4 minutes per side).
- Once thoroughly browned, cover with condensed French onion soup and add sliced mushrooms.
- Close pressure cooker lid, ensure it is sealed, and cook on high for approximately one hour.
- Allow pressure cooker to release naturally, remove lid, and put roast on large plate, leaving soup and mushrooms in the cooker. Allow meat to rest for 5-10 minutes. Shred the roast using two forks, or cut into bite-sized pieces. Add back to cooker and combine with French onion soup and mushroom mixture.
- If the mixture is too thin, serve as au jus, or turn on the sauté option on the pressure cooker and cook down to preferred thickness.
- Cut sub buns or hoagie rolls in half lengthwise, add two pieces of Swiss cheese per bun, and pile on the hot beef. Enjoy!
If you loved this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Help me choose the NEW LOGO for the website - click here!