Looking for an easy weekday dinner? Look no further than the French Mushroom Swiss Beef Sandwich!
Get a wonderful dish that will impress any picky eater guest thanks to the Instant Pot.
In this recipe, we combine tender beef with savory French onion soup, juicy mushrooms, and ooey-gooey Swiss cheese. This recipe is super easy to make and requires minimal meal prep. Even better, your pressure cooker does all the work!
- 2 lb beef chuck roast
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 cans condensed French onion soup
- 8 oz mushrooms any variety, sliced
- 4 sub buns or hoagie rolls
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
- Turn on the sauté option on your pressure cooker, add grape seed oil, and brown roast on all sides (about 3-4 minutes per side).
- Once thoroughly browned, cover with condensed French onion soup and add sliced mushrooms.
- Close pressure cooker lid, ensure it is sealed, and cook on high pressure for 60 minutes.
- Allow pressure cooker to release naturally, remove lid, and put roast on large plate, leaving soup and mushrooms in the cooker. Allow meat to rest for 5-10 minutes. Shred the roast using two forks, or cut into bite-sized pieces. Add back to cooker and combine with French onion soup and mushroom mixture.
- If the mixture is too thin, serve as au jus, or turn on the sauté option on the pressure cooker and cook down to preferred thickness.
- Cut sub buns or hoagie rolls in half lengthwise, add two pieces of Swiss cheese per bun, and pile on the hot beef. Enjoy!