If you check out YouTube, you’ll find out that several people have compared Philips to Black and Decker. This made me wonder, when I came across some such videos, how they really compare to one another.
So, well, I decided to get to know about it and today I’m going to tell you what I found. If you’re looking forward to enhancing your knowledge about Air Fryers, I suggest you read this article till the end. Anyway, I also hope that you’d be able to know more and even be able to select among these models by the time you’re done with this article.
The main features of the prominent Philips Air Fryer Models:
The Philips Air fryers are the bestselling in the industry. You must already know about this if you’re familiar with Air Fryers. However, what we often fail to see is why it’s so. For that, we need to take a closer look at all the features that these models offer. So, all the features that the Philips Air Fryer Models offer are as follows:
Every time we talk about this Air Fryer, we already know what’s coming next- That it’s the most selling model out there. “Big deal”, we think, and move on. However, it’s time we actually didn’t repeat that again and actually moved on to discussing the features it actually offers. So, the main features it boasts of are:
- As the name suggests, it is an XL model, making it have a larger size than the other models. This specific model has a pretty big size in comparison to other models, a capacity of 2.65 pounds is what this airfryer offers when it comes to it.
- Of course, you can also set your desired temperature with this model.
- It also offers you a custom preset. This is known as the “Smart” preset here.
- It has an automated ON/OFF display for you to easily keep an eye on it.
Philips Viva is a whole series under Philips. The Philips Viva HD9230 Air Fryer is basically the digital model of he Philips Viva
series. Of course, it’s quite expensive. But it’s worth it because of all that it offers. The main features
that the Philips Viva HD9230 Air Fryer offers are as follows:
- An automated alert system that makes noises once the cooking is done.
- A digital interface to make the cooking experience simpler and easier.
- Finally, a size of 1.8 Pounds.
And finally comes the Manual model of the Philips Viva series, the Philips Viva HD9220 Air Fryer. This model has a lot of functionality and is the most affordable of the top 3 bestselling Air Fryers. So, let us now take a look at the main features of this Air Fryer. The main features of the Philips Viva HD9220 Air Fryer are:
- This Air Fryer has a manual interface, as I stated earlier.
- This Air Fryer has a small capacity of 1.8 pounds as well.
- This Air Fryer is a really durable model that provides you with value for your investment. This is why people really love going with this model.
What about the BLACK and DECKER Air Fryers?
BLACK and DECKER is also a really famous series. In fact, this is one of those series that are famous but aren’t discussed all that often. However, we’re going to talk about it today to make sure that they are discussed equally here on Corrie Cooks as other Air Fryers are.
BLACK and DECKER has two models out there. Originally, these two models are exactly the same. However these two models have different colors. For this, these two models have also been named differently. These two models are:
- The model Black in Color or the BLACK and DECKER HF110SBD Air Fryer.
- The model White in Color or the BLACK and DECKER HF110WD Air Fryer.
The Main Features of These Models
While these two models are different in color, they are the same. So, we can discuss the features of both of them at once. The main features that these BLACK and DECKER models boast of are as follows:
- The BLACK and DECKER Air Fryers are all manual models. They have a manual interface that works based on those gear mechanisms.
- Next, both of them have a capacity of 2.1 Quarts.
- They also boast of a 60 minute timer with an automatic shut off feature that frees you from having to sit there beside it all the time waiting for the processing to be over just to ensure the safety.
- As I just said, there are two color options for you to choose from, making it a really great choice for you. This is because you can perfectly fit it in with the way your kitchen looks.
What are the main differences between these two?
These two are quite different, to be honest. These two are two different lines of products and they are fairly different. However, the main differences might be pointed out as follows:
- The BLACK and DECKER Air Fryers have only a manual interface. Philips offers you models with digital interfaces.
- The BLACK and DECKER Air Fryers have a limited capacity. The Philips Avance XL has a larger one.
- From a functional perspective, the digital Philips models offers you with more functionality.
- Economically, however, BLACK and DECKER is the better choice in comparison to Philips.
Which one should I go for, then?
Well, let us consider a few potential scenarios and the possible choices there to find the answer for this question:
If you are looking for a manual model, you have two choices. The Philips Viva HD9220 and the BLACK and DECKER. However, if you’re looking for a digital model, only Philips offers you with that. So Philips is clearly the answer if you want a digital model here.
Next, if you want a larger capacity, the Philips Avance XL HD9240 Air Fryer is the key. However, you might also want to check out the Big Boss 16 Quart Air Fryer.
Finally, from an economic perspective, BLACK and DECKER is the right choice here. However, there are other models available that you might want to check out if you’re only looking at the price. These models are the Bella Electric Air Fryer and the Della Electric Air Fryer.