Corrie Cooks is back for you with another Airfryer review! Today, we are going to review the Philips Viva Digital Airfryer HD9230. Just like the Phillips Avance XL Airfryer, the Philips Viva Digital Airfryer HD9230 is also a bestseller.
In this article, we are going to discuss in details the main features that this airfryer offers you with. We will also look at the main problems that people complain about with it. We hope that by the time you’re done with this article, you’d be able to know a lot about the Philips Viva Digital Airfryer HD9230 and also decide upon buying or not buying it, if you are uncertain about that choice.
So, what are the main features of the Philips Viva Digital Airfryer HD9230?
The Philips Viva Digital Airfryer HD9230 is a bestseller. This proves that it actually meets the requirements of a lot of people. However, in order to ensure that it meets yours, looking at the bestseller status isn’t enough. You must take a close look at the main things that it offers you with.
So, the main thing that the Philips Viva Digital Airfryer HD9230 offers you with might be summed up in the following points:
- The most important thing is how much you can cook in an airfryer. This is determined by the amount or the volume of the food that the airfryer can contain at a given moment. Technically, it is called the “capacity” of the airfryer. The capacity of this airfryer is about 1.8 pounds.
- In this airfryer you also get alerted by sound once the processing time is over, so that you don’t have to continuously stand there monitoring the progress of the task you already handed it over.
- Again, the temperature can be controlled by you, making it a really great option. A fixed temperature might be too hot for some foods and too cold for some. This option makes your airfryer a lot more versatile.
- Again, it is really easy to clean. There are only a very few people who complain about the food getting stick but even removing that is pretty simple. Plus the whole thing is dishwasher safe so you basically have no hassle when it comes to cleaning it all up.
- Finally, while it is not exactly a feature, it does come with a recipe book. This recipe book contains dishes that you can easily cook using this airfryer.
The limitations of the Philips Viva Digital Airfryer HD9230
Now, once again, it might seem like the Philips Viva Digital Airfryer HD9230 is free from any limitations. However, that is not exactly the case. While this airfryer does have a very limited number of limitations, it does have a few that might make you want to reconsider it. (Although it must be admitted that most people do accept it, based on the fact that it is a bestseller)
So, the main limitations that you might want to take a look at are as follows:
- The greatest limitation of this airfryer is perhaps the first thing that we discussed. It’s basic capacity. It has a really low capacity and most people that complain about this airfryer mostly complain about its extremely low capacity. This is a really important thing to keep in mind. In case you are looking for a large or even a medium sized airfryer, this is NOT the one to go for.
- Another limitation, which is also one of the funniest, is that the complexity of the introduction manual that comes with it. Basically, you’d be better off without out. People have often called it the worst introduction manual ever made for any product.
However, you must keep the technical specifications of your airfryer in mind. The main technical specifications of the Philips Viva Digital Airfryer HD9230 are as follows:
- Manufacturer: Philips
- Series: Viva
- Interface: Digital
- Capacity: 1.6 pounds
- Dimension: 11.3″ x 12.4″ x 15.1″
- Wattage: 1425 watts.
So, is it worth going for?
Well, this is one of the models that are obviously worth the money if you can properly use it. It is fairly simple to use, no denial, but there are a few things that you must consider before you go for it.
- First of all, you must keep in mind that it has a really small capacity of 1.8 pounds. If you are looking to cook for a lot of people, then this is by no means the right airfryer for you.
- Secondly, you might want to have a bit of experience with airfryers. Given the fact that its manual doesn’t really come in handy, experience might be the key to be able to at least get started out there. Let it not be like you get stuck after buying it because the manual wasn’t clearly saying anything.
But if all of these are alright, once again, it’s a really great model. It does offer you a lot of functionality and ease of use. And if you do happen to be fine with all these, then it sure is one of the best options for you to go for. After all, that is exactly why it is one of the bestsellers despite these serious limitations.
Some competing models
While this is a really great model, there are still a few models that you might consider as its competitors. So, let us take a look at the main models that claim to give serious competition to our Philips Viva Digital Airfryer HD9230:
- From a size perspective, if you’re looking for something much larger, you might want to go for The Philips Avance XL Airfryer HD9240.
- Again, if you want to go for something much cheaper, you might try out the GoWISE USA Airfryers.