Right after we are done discussing the Philips Avance XL HD9240, two models pop up. These two models belong to the same series, the Philips Viva Series. These three models make up the top 3 bestselling models in the whole Air Fryer industry.
So, it does not do to neglect the difference between these two models based on the following points:
- First of all, they both belong to the same line of products, Philips.
- Both of them are part of the top 3 Air Fryer models available out there.
- Both of them are part of the Philips Viva Series.
- These two models are pretty similar if looked at from a distance.
However, we are going to look at their main features one by one and see which one is more preferable than the other one and why. So, if you are planning to get any of these models or even if you’re just interested, know that this article is for you. So please read it till the end and don’t forget to share it to let more and more people know of it.
What are the main features of the Philips Viva HD9220?
As I said earlier, the Philips Viva HD9220 is one of the top 3 bestselling models in the whole Air Fryer industry. And it’s as much a part of the Philips viva series as the HD9230. In the light of all this, it’s really important to take a look at the main features that it offers:
- The Philips Viva HD9220 is a pretty small model. It has a size of 1.8 pounds, this means that it’s quite small. It’s probably designed keeping in mind a family of two people. You might want to get something larger like the Philips Avance XL HD9240 if you want a larger size.
- The Philips Viva HD9220 is also famous because of the fact that it’s the manual model of the Viva Series. Yes, this makes it comparatively less easy to use and it takes a bit more time to put in the settings.
- However, the Manual aspect also makes it more durable than the Digital counterpart, thus making it worth it.
- Funnily, the Philips Viva Airfryer HD9220 has two models you can choose from, a black one and a white one. However, it is often seen that there’s a significant price difference between these two while the only difference is the color.
- This Air Fryer model is also pretty sensibly priced. So if you are looking for economic value, it provides you with that too. This makes it a really great model to go for.
What are the main features of the Philips Viva HD9230?
The Philips Viva HD9230 is the digital counterpart of the Viva series. This makes it really important to note that these two, while really closely related and even part of the same series, aren’t exactly the same. (And that’s what we are going to point out exactly in this article- what the differences exactly are and which one would be better in which case)
So, the main features of the Philips Viva HD9230 are as follows:
- The most important thing is how much you can cook in an airfryer. This is determined by the amount or the volume of the food that the airfryer can contain at a given moment. Technically, it is called the “capacity” of the airfryer. The capacity of this airfryer is about 1.8 pounds. This is the same as the Philips Viva HD9220
- The second thing that you must keep in mind when you’re buying an Air Fryer is the ease of use. This Air Fryer alerts you with sounds once the cooking is done, so it makes you easier to know when it’s done.
- The Philips VIVA HD9230 also provides you with temperature control It lets you select from 5 temperature options for you to get the best temperature for your food. The T-fal ActiFry Air Fryer, in comparison, doesn’t let you choose your temperature.
- Again, as I stated from the very beginning, the Philips Viva HD9230 is a digital model.
- The Digitization makes it really easy to use. It is easy to select how you want your food to cook, it is easy to monitor the cooking process, it’s even easier to stop it. All in all, it’s a great device that you can use to easily cook with.
What are the main differences between the two?
Well, while these two models belong to the same series, they are quite different from a few aspects. So, it is important to take a look at the main differences. The main differences between these two might be pointed out as follows:
- First of all, the Philips Viva HD9220 has a Manual Interface while the Philips Viva HD9230 has a Digital Interface.
- The Manual interface makes the device more durable while the digital interface gives it greater ease of use.
- The Philips Viva HD9230 also alerts you once your cooking is done, an extra thing in comparison to the HD9220.
- The HD9220 on the other hand is easy to learn when it comes to use. While the HD9230 is digital and thus easier to use once you get the hang of it, it comes with one of the worst manuals making it hard to operate at first.
- Finally, the Philips Viva HD9220 is cheaper than the Philips Viva HD9230, making it a better choice for people on a conservative budget.
Which model should be preferred over the other?
Frankly, I’d say that most of the differences are really small. This is a pretty clear call.
I think that you should go for the Philips Viva HD9220 if you want a manual Air Fryer and the Philips Viva HD9230 if you want a digital one.
Please keep in mind that if you want something larger than this, since both of them offer you with a really small capacity, you might want to go for the Philips Avance XL (click here for the differences between the Philips Avance XL HD9240 and the Philips Viva HD9220).