As you all must be already aware, Philips is the bestselling line of products when it comes to Air Fryers. Both of these models, the Philips Avance XL Air Fryer HD9240 and the Philips Viva HD9220 are among the top models.
However, these top models aren’t exactly the same. There are quite a few differences which set these top two models apart from each other. And unlike the name directly suggests, it is not only the size that puts them apart.
At this point, it really becomes interesting to see what puts these models apart from each other. So, Corrie Cooks brings to you an article which would show you the main differences between these two.
What are the main features of the Philips Avance XL Air Fryer HD9240?
Well, the Philips Avance XL Air Fryer HD9240 is the top selling model in the market. This makes it both important and interesting to know about it. So, let us take a detailed look at all the features that this model boasts of:
- The Philips Avance XL HD9240 has a capacity or size of 2.65 pounds, which makes it a moderate sized model. While it isn’t exactly large, it isn’t too small either.
- It also offers you two colors: White and Black. However, there might be a difference in price among these two.
- The Philips Avance XL HD9240 also boasts of a Digital Interface. This implies that it is easy to use, keep an eye on and easy to cook with. So, at the end of the day, it’s a pretty great choice.
- Another thing about the Philips Avance XL HD9240 is that it also has an automated signal to show when it’s ON and when it’s not. This makes it even easier to keep an eye out on.
- It has a “Smart” Preset that is really special. It lets you save your settings as a preset, making you able to use your most common settings without putting it in every single time. Imagine it to one of the hot numbers on your phone, you just call on one digit and the number saved with it comes up. Yes, it’s that simple!
- And finally, it lets you adjust your desired temperature. This makes it, unlike the T-fal ActiFry Air Fryer, a really great choice because you can cook your desired dishes at the right temperature. A fixed temperature might be too high or too low for some dishes.
What are the main features of the Philips Viva HD9220 Air Fryer?
In close pursuit of the Philips Avance XL HD9240 on the list of top models, we find the Philips Viva HD9220 Air Fryer. This model, undoubtedly, is also among one of the top bestselling models in the industry. So, let us take a proper look at the features that this model offers:
- This model offers you a pretty small capacity. It has a small capacity of 1.8 pounds, which makes it much smaller to most models in comparison.
- Next comes the interface. This model offers you a manual interface, this makes it more time-consuming to operate.
- However, this manual mode also gives it more durability in comparison to the digital mode, which is a good thing.
- Next comes the color choices you get: The Philips Viva Airfryer HD9220 has two models you can choose from, a black one and a white one. However, it is often seen that there’s a significant price difference between these two while the only difference is the color.
- Finally, it also allows you to adjust your desired temperature properly. This lets you cook your food properly. This feature, once again, is not present in case of the De’Longhi FH1163 MultiFry Air Fryer.
What are the main differences between these two models?
While both of them are on the top side of the bestseller list, they aren’t exactly the same. There are quite a few differences that set these two models apart although both of them are from Philips. So, it becomes really important to consider these differences when you must choose among them. The main differences between the two are:
- Capacity: The Philips Viva HD9220 offers you a size of 1.8 pounds while the Philips Avance XL offers you a size of 2.65.
- Interface: The Philips Viva HD9220 has a manual interface while the Philips Avance XL boasts of a Digital one.
- Special Feature: The Philips Avance XL boasts of the “Smart” preset feature. This is not present in case of the Philips Viva HD9220.
- Furthermore, there is a price difference: The Philips Viva HD9220 is pretty much cheaper than the Philips Avance XL. This makes it a good choice for people who are on a conservative budget. People on such a budget might also want to consider the Bella Electric Air Fryer.
Which one of these two models should you go for?
Well, this is an obvious question at this point, and the answer is fairly simple. You can go for any of them and that’s dependent exactly on what you are looking for. Let us take a few potential scenarios and see what the most probably choices there would be:
- If you are looking for a greater capacity, then of course the Philips Avance XL is the right model for you.
- However, if you are looking for a greater durability, the Philips Viva HD9220 with a manual interface is the right model for you.
- At the same time, the manual model means lack of the ease of use you get from digitization. So if you’re lazy like me, you might want to go for the Philips Avance XL.
- Finally, from an economic perspective, the Philips Viva HD9220 is less expensive than the Philips Avance XL. If you are on a conservative budget, you might want to go for that. You might also want to try out, in that case, the Bella Electric Air Fryer and the Secura Electric Air Fryer.