In our last article, we put up a comparison of the Philips Avance XL with the Philips Viva HD9220. In this article, we are going to see how the same Philips Avance XL sums up against the digital model in the Viva series, the HD9230.
It must be kept in mind that these are two of the top selling models in the industry. And both of them are part of the Philips line of products. This is bound to make you wonder how they differ from one another. And that’s exactly what we’re going to address today. So, if you think this is the topic for you, please carry on reading!
What are the main features of the Philips Avance XL Air Fryer HD9240?
Well, the Philips Avance XL Air Fryer HD9240 is the top selling model in the market. This makes it important to know about in order to properly work on the differentiation. So, let us take a detailed look at all the features of this model:
- The Capacity of the Philips Avance XL HD9240 is pretty moderate. It offers you a size or capacity of 2.65 pounds which is alright for a family of three to four. You might want to check out the Big Boss Air Fryer for a gigantic capacity of 16 quarts.
- In terms of color choice as well, the Philips Avance XL HD9240 offers you two colors: Black and White. However, there might be difference in the price based on the color that you choose.
- The Philips Avance XL HD9240 also boasts of a Digital Interface. This implies that it is easy to use, keep an eye on and easy to cook with. So, at the end of the day, it’s a pretty great choice.
- The Philips Avance XL HD9240 also has an automated ON signal. This makes it far simpler to keep an eye out on it. This makes your cooking process a lot more easier and thus better.
- It has a “Smart” Preset that is really special. It lets you save your settings as a preset, making you able to use your most common settings without putting it in every single time. Imagine it to one of the hot numbers on your phone, you just call on one digit and the number saved with it comes up. Yes, it’s that simple!
- And finally, you can adjust the temperature in it. This makes it, unlike the T-fal ActiFry Air Fryer, a really great choice because you can cook your desired dishes at the right temperature. Otherwise you are stuck with a fixed temperature. This fixed temperature might be too low or too high for specific cases.
What are the main features of the Philips Viva HD9230?
The Philips Viva HD9230 is also a bestselling product that is well known in the industry. It’s also a part of the Philips line of products and it’s important to note that this is also a Digital model like the Philips Avance XL. So, in order to get to the differences, it’s important we study this one in detail too.
So, the main features of this model are as follows:
- The most important thing is how much you can cook in an airfryer. This is determined by the amount or the volume of the food that the airfryer can contain at a given moment. Technically, it is called the “capacity” of the airfryer. The capacity of this airfryer is about 1.8 pounds. This is the same as the Philips Viva HD9220
- The Philips Viva HD9230 also alerts you once it’s done with the process. It makes sounds that would alert you then, making it much simpler to use. This makes you free from the hassle of keeping a continuous eye on the process. This is a plus point for this model.
- The Philips VIVA HD9230 also provides you with temperature control It lets you select from 5 temperature options for you to get the best temperature for your food. The T-fal ActiFry Air Fryer, in comparison, doesn’t let you choose your temperature.
- Again, as I stated from the very beginning, the Philips Viva HD9230 is a digital model. This makes it really easy to operate by selecting a function easily. It also makes it really easy to keep an eye out on. Overall, it makes the whole cooking process much more simpler because of being a digital model.
The main differences between the two models:
These two models, although both made by Philips, aren’t exactly the same. In fact, they aren’t even the same series. You must be wondering why that’s the case although they seem to be so similar. Well, the main reasons are as follows:
- First of all comes the series difference I just stated. The Philips Avance is part of the Avance series while the Philips Viva is part of the Viva series.
- Next comes the capacity. The Philips viva has a capacity of only 1.8 pounds in comparison to the 2.65 of the Philips Avance, making the Philips Avance a better choice than the Philips Viva HD9230 or even the Philips Viva 9220 (click here for the differences between the Philips Avance XL and the Philips Viva 9220) if you want something larger.
- Even in terms of functionality, the Philips Avance XL is slightly ahead of the Philips Viva.
- And from a purely economic perspective as well, it’s undeniable that the Philips Avance XL is more expensive than the Philips Viva HD9230, making the latter a more preferable choice for people on a conservative budget.
Which one is the more probable choice?
Well, once again, the right choice depends on your specific needs. However, let us see which would be the most probable choice in a few given cases:
- If you are looking for something with a higher capacity, you should go for the Philips Avance XL. However, you might also want to consider the Big Boss Air Fryer.
- On the other hand, if you’re looking for a lower price, you might want to go for the Philips Viva HD9230. In this case, however, you should also try out the Secura Electric Air Fryer and the Della Electric Air Fryer.