A nice and filling bowl of chili for your dinner table… This this wonderfully delicious chili features ground beef, jalapeños peppers, onion and beans in a spicy tomato gravy.
Instnat Pot Quick Chili with Canned Beans Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 3 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup red chili powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut powder
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the beef and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the beef into a bowl.
- In the pot, add the onion and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and jalapeños peppers and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the cooked beef and remaining ingredients.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 10 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 15 minutes and then, do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and serve hot with the topping of scallion
This recipe is part of my FREE recipe index, where you can find the best Instant Pot recipes. If you love this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks