A nice and filling bowl of chili for your dinner table… This this wonderfully delicious chili features ground beef, jalapeños peppers, onion and beans in a spicy tomato gravy.
Instnat Pot Quick Chili with Canned Beans Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 3 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup red chili powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut powder
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the beef and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the beef into a bowl.
- In the pot, add the onion and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and jalapeños peppers and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the cooked beef and remaining ingredients.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 10 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 15 minutes and then, do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and serve hot with the topping of scallion
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.