It is a mouth-watering dish full of nutrition and has flavoursome aroma. It originates from India but is cooked all over the world.
Instant Pot White Chickpeas Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 38 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup white chickpeas washed and soaked
- 2 cups water for cooking
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 green chili chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
- cilantro to garnish
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chole masala
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 stick cinnamon
- Add oil, ginger, garlic, green chili, onions and whole spices in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 3 minutes, add tomato paste and all spices except dry mango powder.
- Now, add in chickpeas and water and press the “Cancel” button.
- Close the lid and press the “Manual” button.
- Cook for about 35 minutes on HIGH pressure and release the pressure naturally through the steam vent.
- Open the lid and dish out the chickpeas.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.