This hearty Italian white bean and rice soup is the perfect main dish for winter evenings and chilly fall. Serve it with a homemade bread and garden salad for a well-rounded meal.
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 rib celery finely chopped
- 3 cup cooked cannellini white beans
- 6 cup vegetable broth
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Put the olive oil, garlic, onion, and celery in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”.
- Sauté for 4 minutes and add tomatoes, vegetable broth and Italian seasoning.
- Sauté for 3 minutes and add the beans.
- Set the Instant Pot to “Manual” for 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally and stir in the cooked rice.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.