A simple and satisfying vegetarian luncheon meal of rice… This satisfying luncheon recipe features jasmine rice, corn, peas, carrots, eggs, peanut oil and a combination of Asian sauces and seasoning.
- 4 tsp vegetable oil divided
- 1/2 cup onion chopped finely
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced finely
- 2 tsp garlic minced finely
- 1 1/2 cup jasmine rice rinsed
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup frozen carrots
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- as required Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 2 eggs beaten
- Place 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oilin the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Now, add the onion and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger and garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the remaining ingredients except the eggs.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 5 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 10 minutes and then, do a quick release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and let the rice rest for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick frying pan, heat the remaining oil over medium heat and cook the beateneggs for about 2 minutes or until scrambled, staring continuously.
- Add the scrambles eggs into the pot with the rice and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.