This is a South Indian curry recipe with a great taste and lots of vegetables. It has a known combination with idli but can be served with plain rice!
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 cups split pigeon peaor toor dal washed
- 4 tsp sambar powder
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 8 cups water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 tsp salt
- cilantro garnish
- 12 curry leaves
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2(1 inch) ginger finely chopped
- 2 green chilies
- 2 carrots cut into small pieces
- 2 cups pumkin cut in medium sized pieces
- 6 baby eggplant cut into 4 pieces each
- Set the instant pot to “Sauté” mode and add oil and mustard seeds.
- Sauté for about 1 minute and add chopped onions.
- Sauté for about 3 minutes and add tomatoes, sambar powder and salt.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes andadd all the vegetables, toor dal and water.
- Cook under “Manual” and “Low Pressure” for about 8 minutes.
- Select “Cancel” and release the pressure naturally.
- Stir in the tamarind pasteand garnish with cilantro.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.