This is an ideal recipe for vegetable biryani is a delight to your family. Filled with the richness of different vegetables which have all necessary nutrients. Packed with exotic flavour. Best for vegetarians.
Instant Pot Vegetable biryani Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 green cardamoms
- 4 whole cloves
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 1 green chili sliced
- 12 raw cashews broken
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 medium potato cubed into small pieces
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup basmati rice soaked in 2 cups water for 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Once it is hot, add oil in it.
- Add in bay leaf, green cardamom, whole cloves, cumin seeds, black peppercorns and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add in onions, green chili, cashews and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Ad all other remaining ingredients and toss to mix well.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 5 minutes, release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes through steam vent.
- Open the lid of the instant pot.
- Serve and enjoy.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1139 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks