A new twist can be added to the traditional Au gratin recipe by adding mixed vegetables along with Béchamel sauce.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cup vegetables - corn, broccoli, French green beans, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini etc.
- 2 cup Béchamel sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to season
- nutmeg powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- milk optional – only required for thinning sauce if too thick
- Select “Steam” function on the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Set the timer to 5 minutes with high-pressure settings.
- Add 1 cup water to the cooking pot and place the steamer basket above it.
- Place diced and peeled vegetables in the steamer.
- Seal the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Release the steam through natural pressure release.
- Drain the vegetables and transfer them to a bowl.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, Béchamel sauce, combined cheese and nutmeg powder.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Stir in salt, pepper and potatoes.
- Pour this mixture into a shallow casserole dish.
- Top it with an even layer of breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about 4 to 5 minutes at 350 degrees F in a preheated oven.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.