A super healthy dinner idea for the whole family.
This recipe combines ground turkey, black beans, green chilies, jalapeño pepper and breadcrumbs for bell peppers filling.
Instant Pot Turkey and Beans Stuffed Bell Peppers Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 scallions chopped
- 5 ounces canned chopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- to taste salt
- 4 large bell peppers tops and seeds removed
- In a skillet, heat the oil and cook the turkey for about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and discard the grease completely.
- Transfer the turkey into a large bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- Arrange a steamer basket in the bottom of an Instant Pot Mini and pour the water.
- In the bowl of turkey, add the beans, scallions, green chilies, jalapeño pepper, breadcrumbs and spices and mix until well combined.
- Stuff each bell pepper with the turkey mixture evenly.
- Arrange the stuffed bell peppers into the steamer basket.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 15 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and transfer the bell peppers onto a platter.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.