A super healthy dinner idea for the whole family.
This recipe combines ground turkey, black beans, green chilies, jalapeño pepper and breadcrumbs for bell peppers filling.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 scallions chopped
- 5 ounces canned chopped green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- to taste salt
- 4 large bell peppers tops and seeds removed
- In a skillet, heat the oil and cook the turkey for about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and discard the grease completely.
- Transfer the turkey into a large bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- Arrange a steamer basket in the bottom of an Instant Pot Mini and pour the water.
- In the bowl of turkey, add the beans, scallions, green chilies, jalapeño pepper, breadcrumbs and spices and mix until well combined.
- Stuff each bell pepper with the turkey mixture evenly.
- Arrange the stuffed bell peppers into the steamer basket.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 15 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 10 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and transfer the bell peppers onto a platter.
- Serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.