This Instant Pot tomato with beans is a hearty dish you can make easily in your pressure cooker.
It is tasty and nutritious and you can eat it as is for a light dinner.
If you like this dish, check out the Instant Pot tomato soup recipe.
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups dry cannellini beans
- 28 ounce RedPack whole peeled plum tomatoes
- 6 ounce tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add bacon and cook till they are brown.
- Add onions, garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Turn of the instant pot and add bay leaf, beans, salt, tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato paste.
- Stir to combine.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to “Manual” at high pressure for 30 minutes, release the pressure naturally through steam vent.
- Open the lid of the instant pot.
- Stir well and add salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy.