One of the best and favorite Mexican meatless dinner recipe… This hearty 3 beans chili is flavored with oregano and spices.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup carrot peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup celery stalk chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2/3 cup dried kidney beans rinsed, soaked for 8 hours and drained
- 2/3 cup dried pinto beans rinsed, soaked for 8 hours and drained
- 2/3 cup dried black beans rinsed, soaked for 8 hours and drained
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried oregano ceushed
- 2 tbsp mild chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup scallion chopped
- For chili place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery and garlic and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 12-15 minutes.
- Press the “Cancel” and allow a “Natural” release.
- Remove the lid and serve hot with the topping of scallion.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.