A dish of venison steaks with a delish spicy kick! This recipe prepares a favorite Texas inspired dish of venison steaks.
If you like this recipe, check out this Instant Pot venison Roast.
Instant Pot Texas Venison Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 27 minutes
Total Time: 42 minutes
- 2 lb venison steaks
- 1/1/2 tsp seasoned salt divided
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup onion halved and sliced
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 dried red chile peppers
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups water
- Season the venison steaks with ½ teaspoon of the seasoning salt.
- Then, cut each steak into cubes.
- In a large bowl, add the flour and remaining seasoned salt and mix well.
- In a small bowl, reserve 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture and set aside.
- Add the meat cubes in the bowl of the remaining flour mixture and toss to coat welql.
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add the meat cubes and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until browned completely.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the meat cubes onto a plate and set aside.
- In the pot, add the reserved flour mixture and cumin and cook for about 2
minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the cooked meat and remaining ingredients.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 15 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Remove the lid and discard the chile peppers and bay leaves.
- Serve hot.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks