This is a delightful Mexican style amazing beef recipe filled with different chilies. People who love spices would love it.
- 3 whole sweet dried chilies
- 2 small hot dried chilies
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 lb beef chuck
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- hot sauce to taste
- Turn on the instant pot and select sauté.
- Add chilies in it and roast them until you scent an amazing aroma and take them out in a bowl.
- Season the beef chuck with salt and pepper.
- Add oil, beef chuck in the pot and sauté for 3 minutes on each side.
- Now take out the steaks and transfer them on a cutting board.
- Add onions pot in the instant pot and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Further add garlic, cumin, cinnamon, allspice, oregano and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add the chilies in the instant pot, also add the chicken broth.
- Mix well and let it simmer for a while.
- Now cut steaks into halves and add them to the instant pot.
- Close the lid of the instant pot.
- Set instant pot to Manual at high pressure and cook for 30 minutes. Release the pressure quickly through steam vent.
- Open the lid of the instant pot and select sauté.
- Stir in hot sauce, fish sauce, apple cider vinegar and let simmer for 5 minutes,
- Serve with anything you like.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.