Sweet and sour beef shanks with tarragon and wine is a delicious and hearty meal. It gives a delightful taste to the mouth.
- 6 thick beef shanks
- 3 celery ribs finely chopped
- 8 white button mushrooms
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 2½ tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cup red wine
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tbsp black pepper corns
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Tie together springs of rosemary, pepper corns and bay leaf.
- Finely rub salt and pepper on the meat and fry it for 10 minutes in olive oil.
- Put the meat shanks in an instant pot.
- Sauté all the vegetables in one teaspoon of oil
- Add BBQ sauce, tomato paste and garlic in it and cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce becomes dark.
- Add wine into it and cook for another 6 minutes
- Put the remaining ingredients and this blend into an instant pot
- Adjust the pressure on manual “High” and cook for 20 minutes.
- Release the pressure naturally.
- Serve with the topping of lemon chunks and sweet chili sauce and garlic.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.