Stuffed squash incorporates rice, quinoa and parmesan cheese is a perfect and appealing recipe to serve in dinner.
Instant Pot Stuffed Squash Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 tsp rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp thyme chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp sage chopped
- 2 acorn squash cut in halves without seeds
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- Add butter into an instant pot, then add onions, garlic and salt and “sauté” for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, quinoa, sage, rice, thyme and rosemary and stir.
- Put acorn squash in a steamer basket and put it on the trivet in an instant pot.
- Lock the lid and seal the valve.
- Cook for 6 minutes on manual “high” pressure.
- Release the pressure quickly.
- Take out the steamer basket, drain the liquid from squash and put aside.
- Add parmesan cheese in the rice mixture and stir, let the rice mixture to thicken for 5 minutes.
- Fill the rice mixture in acorn squash cavity.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.