You will really love these stuffed cheese and spinach shells. It’s simple and so comforting dish! This vegetarian Instant Pot recipe can easily be transformed by replacing marinara sauce with a meat sauce, so you can use this recipe over and over without getting bored.
Pasta is rich in carbs, so this pressure cooker stuffed shells is the perfect lunch to enjoy a busy afternoon with the necessary energy and vitality.
- 20 pasta shells
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1½ cup boiled spinach minced
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh basil to taste minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes. Once cooked rinse under cold water
- During that time,in a bowl, mix spinach, ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese, whisked egg, salt, pepper and minced basil.
- Stuff your pasta shells with the prepared filling.
- Pour olive oil into your Instant Pot and add onion and garlic.
- Press “Sauté” and cook for 2 minutes, until onion is golden.
- Add marinara sauce, stir and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add water and stir well.
- Place your stuffed shells into the sauce and form a compact layer.
- Cook at high pressure for about 5 minutes.
- Quickly release the steam and open the lid.
- Sprinkle with the rest of your mozzarella and place the lid back on (the heat will make mozzarella melt in a couple of minutes).
- Serve immediately.
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks