A vegetarian dish in which eggplants are slit and stuffed with a combo of spices, coconut, peanuts and jaggery… Surely you will eat these eggplants with great joy.
Instant Pot Stuffed Eggplant Curry Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 -3 tbsp chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp coconut shreds
- 2 tbsp peanuts chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger chopped
- 1 hot green chile chopped
- 1/2 tsp jaggery
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- pinch ground cinnamon
- as required salt
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp water
- 4 baby eggplants
- 1 cup water
- to taste salt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Select “Sauté” of an Instant Pot. Now, add the seeds and cook for about 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add the chickpea flour and cook for about 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add the coconut and peanuts and cook for about 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Press “Cancel” and transfer the peanut mixture into a spice grinder.
- Then, grind the peanut mixture until roughly ground.
- In a bowl, add the peanut mixture, garlic, ginger, chile, jaggery, ground spices, lemon juice and water and mix until a coarse paste is formed.
- For curry: with a sharp knife, make cross cuts on each eggplant, not all the way through.
- Carefully, fill the stuffing into the cross cut.
- In the pot of Instant Pot Mini, place the eggplants in a single later, cut side up.
- Carefully, add the water and salt around the eggplants.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 4-5 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and sprinkle with the garam masala.
- Serve hot with the garnishing of cilantro.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.