A simple side dish of butternut squash that is packed with Vietnamese twist… Surely this simple Vietnamese recipe of stewed squash will become a staple and delicious side dish for your meat dinners.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1(2½-pound) butternut squash peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- as required Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- Add the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Now, add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the squash cues and cook for about 1 minute.
- Press “Cancel” and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 4 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and serve hot.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.