Try these steamed sprung rolls whenever you are interested to eat something lighter… These steamed spring rolls are stuffed of rice vermicelli, veggies with the flavoring of chili jam, soy sauce, lime juice and sugar.
- 5 ounces dried rice vermicelli soaked for 10 minutes and drained
- 1 cup carrot peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp chili jam
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp fried garlic
- 10 (10-inch) dried rice paper wrappers
- 2 cups water
- For the filling: place all the ingredients except the wrappers and water in a large
bowl and mix well.
- Fill a shallow bowl with warm water.
- Dip 1 rice wrapper into the water until it is pliable.
- Now, arrange the wrapper on a smooth surface.
- Place about 1-2 tablespoons of filling in the center of the rice paper.
- Carefully, fold the wrapper around the filling.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- In the bottom of Instant Pot, arrange the steamer basket and pour the water.
- Place the rolls in steamer basket.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Select “Steam” and just use the default time of 3 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and serve warm.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.