It is a very delicious dish with savoury aroma and has an exquisite taste.
This pressure cooker Spinach Dal dish is healthy and is cooked in short time in Instant pot.
Instant Pot Spinach Dal Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 11 minutes
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 1 cup split pigeon pea or toor dal washed
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Add oil, ginger, garlic and cumin seeds in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- After 45 seconds, add tomato paste and all the spices.
- Add water and lentils. Mix well.
- Press the “Cancel” button and close the lid of Instant pot.
- Then, press the “Manual” button and cook for about 3 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Release the pressure naturally through the steam vent and open the lid.
- Add spinach and select “Sauté”.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes and dish out.
This recipe is part of my FREE recipe index, where you can find the best Instant Pot recipes. If you love this recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks