This Instant Pot Spinach Dal is a delicious dish with savory aroma and an exquisite taste.
This pressure cooker recipe is vegan friendly, healthy and you an make it yourself in less than 10 minutes.
if you like this recipe, check out this vegan dahl from Veggie Vagabonds.
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 1 cup split pigeon pea or toor dal washed
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Add oil, ginger, garlic and cumin seeds in the inner pot of Instant pot. Select “Sauté”.
- Cook for 1 minute and than add tomato paste and all the spices.
- Add water and lentils and mix well.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When cooking ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, add spinach and select “Sauté”.
- Simmer for 2 minutes and dish out.