A shredded chicken recipe that is filled with flavorful kick.
Vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic compliment chicken meat greatly.
This is an upgrade to the classic Instant Pot shredded chicken recipe.
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- to taste Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halved lengthwise
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- For sauce: in a bowl, add all the ingredients and beat until well combined.
- In the bottom of Instant Pot, place the chicken breast halves.
- Pour sauce over breast halves evenly.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 5 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and with tongs, transfer chicken breast halves into a bowl.
- With 2 forks, shred the chicken.
- In a bowl, dissolve cornstarch into the water.
- Now, select “Sauté” and add cornstarch mixture, stirring continuously.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until mixture becomes thick, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shredded chicken and stir to combine well.
- Press “Cancel” and serve hot with the garnishing of cilantro.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.