A shredded chicken recipe that is filled with flavorful kick… Vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ginger and garlic compliment chicken meat greatly.
Instant Pot Spicy Shredded Chicken Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- to taste Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halved lengthwise
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- For sauce: in a bowl, add all the ingredients and beat until well combined.
- In the bottom of Instant Pot, place the chicken breast halves.
- Pour sauce over breast halves evenly.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 5 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” and do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and with tongs, transfer chicken breast halves into a bowl.
- With 2 forks, shred the chicken.
- In a bowl, dissolve cornstarch into the water.
- Now, select “Sauté” and add cornstarch mixture, stirring continuously.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until mixture becomes thick, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shredded chicken and stir to combine well.
- Press “Cancel” and serve hot with the garnishing of cilantro.
This recipe is part of our FREE Instant Pot Recipe Index, a huge collection of 1140 original and delicious recipes. If you love the recipe, please pin and share it. Thanks!
Instant Pot Recipes? Corrie Cooks