A tangy and sweet flavored chutney with a little heat… This apple chutney can be served as an accompaniment with any meal.
If you like this recipe, check out the Instant Pot apple cider.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- 4 red apples cored and quartered
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp red chili powder
- ¼-½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Place the oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add all the seeds and curry leaves and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Press the “Cancel” and stir in remaining ingredients except sugar.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about 15 minutes.
- Press the “Cancel” and allow a “Quick” release.
- Remove the lid andwith an immersion blender, blend the mixture until pureed.
- Select “Sauté” and stir in sugar.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Press the “Cancel” and serve.
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.